Anyone know when Coke Freestyle machines will arrive on Allure?

dogsambam

Does anyone know when the Freesyle machines will arrive on the Allure? We are traveling on the March 25 sailing, and I had to open my big mouth to my daughter that the ship may have those pop machines.

The Freestyle machines will not be on Allure when you sail in March. It should be on the Allure by the end of the year but not by the time that you cruise.

Curious as to what you are basing this on? I read on an RCI q&a recently that they said that the machines would arrive on selected ships in 2012. Neither the ships nor the dates were elaborated on.

I hope the are on Allure this year..I sail in Sept and will definitely get the soda package if they have this as I'm a big fan of coke zero and fanta zero

Curious as to what you are basing this on? I read on an RCI q&a recently that they said that the machines would arrive on selected ships in 2012. Neither the ships nor the dates were elaborated on.

I hope the are on Allure this year..I sail in Sept and will definitely get the soda package if they have this as I'm a big fan of coke zero and fanta zero

I know someone very familiar with the situation. ;)

SUNEBEACH

The machine allows you to mix coke and other coke owned soft drinks with a variety of flavors. There are basically an unlimited number of combinations. There is one at a small local restaurant and there are so many choices, that the lines for a soda become unmanageable. The user has to scroll through all the beverages choices and then select flavors.

M

SUNEBEACH

The machine allows you to mix coke and other coke owned soft drinks with a variety of flavors. There are basically an unlimited number of combinations. There is one at a small local restaurant and there are so many choices, that the lines for a soda become unmanageable. The user has to scroll through all the beverages choices and then select flavors.

M

never found this machine appealling, I like cans personally.

Lots of them here and enjoy the 3 hour wait while everyone decides....better yet once the kids are on about the 6th and running around like crazy....no thanks! maybe just plop it next to the suger dispenser of ice cream?

• 2 weeks later...
Are we sure these aren't on Allure yet? Saw a photo from Twitter from last year implying they are.

I found this thread about it:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1315679

First post says they are in Sorrento's, but later say it was a test.

Personally, I don't like them. Our Five Guys here have them, and last time I got a normal Sprite, it came out with a hint of cherry. Not a fan.

Our local Fuddruckers has one and the result is very long lines for drinks! Unless they have 100 of these machines it's going to be disastrous on a huge ship. First you have to press the lever for ice. Then you choose get a screen to choose what beverage you want. Then it takes you to a different screen where you can choose what flavor you want added to your drink.

SUNEBEACH

M

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. Are these the same self-serve machines currently on the Majesty...the ones that accomodate people with the soda package and have the cups? Or are these something different? :confused:

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something here. Are these the same self-serve machines currently on the Majesty...the ones that accomodate people with the soda package and have the cups? Or are these something different? :confused:

http://www.coca-colafreestyle.com/index.jsp

Touch Screen Display. Its a coke machine that has syrup of the regular mixes Coke, Sprite, Fanta, Etc.. Then it incorporates flavoring that is dispensed from a printer type cartridge.

I love these machines as its the only place I can get lime Coke.

I was really hoping that Allure would have these since I am getting ready to sail in 2 days and I purchased the soda package.

Never heard of them before but it does sound very cool. Not willing to stand in a long line to try it though. I think the lines on the ship would be bad very bad.

Put some of them in the adults only Solarium area, because kids would just make the long line an even longer wait. They would not just pick one or two flavors to mix together, it would be mega flavor conglomeration that would just add to their sugar high.

A Sprite Zero with raspberry with a little Bacardi added does sound good though.;)

Put some of them in the adults only Solarium area, because kids would just make the long line an even longer wait. They would not just pick one or two flavors to mix together, it would be mega flavor conglomeration that would just add to their sugar high.

A Sprite Zero with raspberry with a little Bacardi added does sound good though.;)

Great idea! Put them in the Solarium and add Captain Morgan....you'll see me in line. ;)

• 2 months later...

Archived