BalconyGal

Which Roll-Call do you post to?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Roll-Call do you post to?

• Cruiseline Roll-Call
    • LGBT Roll-Call
    • Neither
    • Both

We've found we have more in comon (other than ... you know) with straight folks, but want to meet more people like us. We're new at CC, but I'm posting in both to make sure I make a lot of friends for the cruises, gay or straight.

We post on both. Have always enjoyed both and generally enjoy the straight ones a touch better, likely because there are far more people in them so you are more likely to have something to chat about with someone.

• 2 months later...

I post on both...

We have taken two group cruises (next one January '11) and always have met other GLBT cruisers as well as new friends from the mainstream community.

Our group is "straight friendly!"

Plus, I think it is important to make a statement... even if a subtle one. Gays and Lesbians are everywhere, and it is a great opportunity to let a total stranger know how fun, pleasant, and nice we can be.

Harvey Milk said, "they can't hate us if they know us!" ;)

See you on our next cruise!

~K

We post on both; especially since we sail Holland America and there seem to be so very few GLBT CC'ers on our cruises.

The GLBT Roll Call is most often a 'shot in the dark' and we rarely have anyone on the same cruise post to it. SIGH.

Hi, we post on both as we are new to cruising and wnat and need to know as much as possible about what goes on and how not to miss out on things, It appears that there are no other 'friends ' on our cruise via this site but so what we are out there to enjoy ourselves.

Sam

I think there's something to be said for being on the main thread as a gay traveler or couple. It means one more group of people know some nice gay men and maybe the next time a proposition comes on their ballot, they'll think twice.

Also, while we love to meet family onboard, we just like people in general. Someone's sexuality is no more likely to make me like them than their occupation or where they live.

We've found we have more in comon (other than ... you know) with straight folks, but want to meet more people like us. We're new at CC, but I'm posting in both to make sure I make a lot of friends for the cruises, gay or straight.

Agree...but we do have amazing times on gay cruises, too....

• 8 months later...

Hello...

I am a bit new to Cruise Critic and posting, but I have been using the boards to help me with research and information for an upcoming trip I am on.

I actually posted on the "straight" cruise roll call before I even knew that a LGBT roll call board was available. I finally screened through all the threads on the "gay" roll call board and found one other gay couple sailing on my ship.

It probably took me 15 minutes or more to page through enough threads before finding the gay roll call for my cruise date. I wish there was an easier way to find them.

Archived