Booking for 2013 on Dream...

Well you were all right, I want to do it again!!!

I will be 60 in March next year and would love to do the Dream trip again, I'm just wondering the best time to book re free all inc or onboard spends, or do you think it's better to forgo those offers and just keep a check on the prices, it's a bit more difficult when you have a particular date you want to be away for, what do you do people?

Well you were all right, I want to do it again!!!

I will be 60 in March next year and would love to do the Dream trip again, I'm just wondering the best time to book re free all inc or onboard spends, or do you think it's better to forgo those offers and just keep a check on the prices, it's a bit more difficult when you have a particular date you want to be away for, what do you do people?

That's the Million Dollar question, blossom! :confused:

We do both - for a special date, and to get the airport of our choice and any free Ai then an early booking can be best. But then again we've had some great deals by waiting until close to departure.

But we missed out big time this year. We had hoped to go in January and I left it too late - the prices started rocketing and moreover the Gatwick flight sold out. It's the first time I've really come unstuck so spectacularly and I must say it's getting harder to predict what's going to happen to prices these days.

My DH always says decide on a price you're prepared to pay then book and forget it - there's no point spoiling your holiday checking how the price is going and making yourself miserable because you could have got it cheaper. You might end up missing the boat - literally!

I'd see what the launch prices look like and see if they are reasonable and make a decision then - and don't forget to check out different sites for the best deal.

Which sites do you check? We booked through the agent but got them to match the thompson internet price.

I have put a review on the review page, not sure if I should have put it on here or not.

Can't mention the other online site I use - but it does get mentioned on here quite often blossom - it is a TUI site so under the same umbrella as Thomson - but oddly can sometimes offer significantly lower prices than the Thomson site so it's worth checking out. But it does vary and for one cruise I noticed today Thomson are actually £5 cheaper but I have had as much as £100 p.p. cheaper than Thomson in the past.

I'm going to have a look at your review blossom now - have been looking forward to reading it. ;) You could always start a new thread on here and copy and paste your review from the review section if you like.

P.S. Is it up yet? Most recent one is someone flying from Newcastle - don't think that's you. :D It sometimes takes a while for them to appear.

Archived