MSC Opera - Southern Carib?

lilbit

I know absolutely nothing about this line. We usually go on RCCl, Princess, Hal but this ship is having an unbelievable deal next winter/spring doing the southern carib. Can anyone shed some light on the line & ships? How is it compared to other lines I've mentioned?

Hi-Msc is a very different type of cruise experience,and your level of enjoyment will depend on what you expect from a cruise.First of all,it is an Italian line which is trying very hard to break into the American market,hence the special deals.We sailed on the Opera last March on a transatlantic crossing,and just loved every minute,but not everyone agreed with us.The experience is very European-announcements are made in several languages,which we found charming,and others found annoying.The food is not typical by any means-there are dishes that you will only find in Italy.The preparation is authentic Italian,not your garden variety pizza place stuff.There are no alternative restaurants-there are 2 seatings,and that's it.They have food served at set hours during the day,not around the clock like RCCL or Princess.Sometimes the menu needs translation,as they use French and Italian names for common vegetables like zucchini or eggplant.The shows are not as jazzy as on the larger ships,but pretty entertaining.The cabins are smaller than other lines,but still have ample space.The ships are cleaner than any other line I have seen,and we've been on over 20.You cannot beat the prices they are offering this fall,so give them a try.My husband and I are taking the Lirica on Nov15 for 11 days.Any questions you may have,please ask.I'm happy to recommend this line.

Lia

Archived