cheaper shore excursions?

egrtocruz

My husband and I are first time cruisers. We are going on the Jewel - Eastern Caribbean in March. We've done land trips before (Cozumel, Akumal, Cuba) and are quite active with a love for snorkelling and an interest in diving. I've read that booking excursions through the ship are expensive when you can get something on shore for cheaper. Can anyone give ideas as to cheaper snorkelling excursions for St. Thomas, St. Martin, Puerto Rico, Nassau and Antigua? We are espcially interested in snorkelling with sting rays. Any other ideas for excursions would be appreciated - my motto is "I'll try anything once!"

Jewel of the Seas - 26MAR- Eastern Caribbean:D

Suggest you go to the category at the bottom of the c.c. boards, entitled "Ports of Call". There is always lots of good information from cruisers who either have done some of the shore excursions you are interested in doing, or who have written a review of the pros (or cons) of using a particular tour guide.

You can also do a search for the ports you are looking for excursion information about.

Agree with above poster, but also look at tour books/guides. I check out lots of books from the library and have found a few places that were not mentioned anywhere else that way.......plus it's a lot cheaper (free, in fact) than buying the books. If you are a member of an automobile club, like AAA, they are a great source for maps and guides too.

Archived