All alone for my first cruise

Lisa2012

This will be my third cruise but first time solo! I'm on the Imagination 9/24/12 sailing out of MIA. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I wanted to do something for my 35th birthday and I didn't want to wait for other people to figure out their money or babysitting dilemas (I know that sounds selfish but I want this to be all about me!). When I cruised in the past I would go off by myself since I was the only "party girl". So I would go to the dance clubs by myself! Any advise on what do during the day though. I love to have fun and very outgoing so I know it won't be too hard but what activities can I do to meet people. Also do they seat all solo cruisers together at the dining table? One more question...if I decide to order a bottle from the bon vog dept if I don't finish it will they pack up the remaining bottle for me to bring back or must I leave it.

Lisa2012, Congratulations on joining the solo cruiser world. I think you will enjoy it. Most of us who sail solo just love it and find it addicting. As far as what to do, Have you joined the roll call for your cruise yet? If not you should so you get to meet some fellow CC members and many times some of them will set up excursions and things to do in the various ports. Plus its nice to have a few people aboard that you know and I think you will find that the CC family is very helpful. Enjoy your trip.

hi lisa, i am going on my 5th cruise and 1st solo on the epic in december and i was leary as well about how to meet people. my ship has the solo studio cabins and they have a solo lounge just for solos to get together and meet others. on yours it will take much more of an effort but you sound like you know how to put yourself out there and have a good time so you should be ok. just ask at the dining room about being seated with other solos/singles if thats what you want. and by all means join the roll call for your cruise. just click on your cruise line under roll calls and click on your ship and then find your sail date and start chatting away on there. have an awesome time.:cool:

This will be my third cruise but first time solo! I'm on the Imagination 9/24/12 sailing out of MIA. I'm excited but nervous at the same time. I wanted to do something for my 35th birthday and I didn't want to wait for other people to figure out their money or babysitting dilemas (I know that sounds selfish but I want this to be all about me!). When I cruised in the past I would go off by myself since I was the only "party girl". So I would go to the dance clubs by myself! Any advise on what do during the day though. I love to have fun and very outgoing so I know it won't be too hard but what activities can I do to meet people. Also do they seat all solo cruisers together at the dining table? One more question...if I decide to order a bottle from the bon vog dept if I don't finish it will they pack up the remaining bottle for me to bring back or must I leave it.

Lisa have a fabulous time on your first solo cruise. I always say I want to do a solo cruise I have not gotten there because someone always wants to intrude. My youngest is 13 and is often my travel mate. You will have an awesome time a friend of mine has done the Epic singles twice! Tracey

Lisa I've been on 3 solo cruise so far and have a B2B booked for this year. Your off to a good start by coming here too CC. On one of my cruises I met a group ( Looter Rebels ) on my roll call and now I'm part of that group. You can meet great people here on CC. Enjoy your cruise.

Good for you! They have a single meet and greet but I never attended so I am not sure. You can request to sit at a table with other singles if you do anytime dining and with traditional dining, I am not sure. Senor Frogs in Bahamas is a good "party" spot, well drinking spot, :-) You can bring unfinished alcohol back but remember some states have open container laws AND you must put the alcohol in your checked luggage. (one had a bottle broken). Enjoy from one solo traveler to another!

Thanks Exhaling! I will have to look that up. I wasn't thinking about that at all. I think in the state of Georgia though if its in the trunk and packaged its ok but not within the car. But I will have to double check. I do not wanna go to jail right after a vacation and on a Friday. Lol!

Congrats Solo Newbie! Go with the idea you're going to have a great time! I've cruise solo several times and loved the freedom it allows me. I can be around people, meet new people or just spend time reading.

Carnival will sit solo's together if you request

it. They may not be all single, but they will be

traveling solo. If you don't like your table, you

can always request another one.

There are many things going on during the day,

on sea days. Just check the daily newsletter.

Excursions are another place to meet people.

Not all cruise lines will sit solo's together,

but Carnival does..

Have a great time, and let us know how

it went. I have also cruised solo several times,

and love it more each time..

Archived