Computer virus warning on Holland website

quack2

I'm getting it as well. I've had the problem last night and this morning.

Norton is saying it is an attack by Exploit Toolkit Website 21 and it's a box that pops up every time I access any page on HAL.

Norton is saying it is an attack by Exploit Toolkit Website 21 and it's a box that pops up every time I access any page on HAL.

That's the same one I'm getting. It started last night and I'm still getting it.

Just happened to me too......

Got an email from HAL....clicked on it....and Norton immediately blocked a virus.......

Too bad.....folks won't be able to access their reservations or print luggage tags.....:(

I got it this morning when I did an online check-in for my September cruise. Norton stopped it.

I think I'll stay off HAL's website for awhile!

I've been getting this since yesterday. Today I did a total scan of my computer and tried the HAL website again. The Norton warning returned. Will stay away from the HAL site until this is fixed.

I'm currently using Windows 7 with Microsoft Security essentials and don't have any issues . Since Norton was sold to Symantec , the quality has gone down badly . Many corporations now refuse to use Norton and use McAfee .

You could try the following:

1 - Update your browser to the latest version

2 - Update your Norton virus definitions .

New standards for websites have caused Norton problems . Some standard in-bedded code is assumed to be a virus.

We have had the warning for the past two days. Thursday and Friday. You would have thought that it would be fixed by now. And my friend in Florida also got the warning and he has two virus protections on his computer.

This can happen becasue of an infection on a web site but it is because your device is not up-to-date

Bottom line is staying off of HALs website is only part of the solution. You need to protect yourself from this vulnerability on your computer can be exploited from another infected website

We have uninstalled Java a long time back. Holes were popping up too frequently for us to be worth the risk. But these exploits use vulnerabilities in several programs so java alone is not the problem - just one of them

Many articles such as: http://www.esecurityplanet.com/hackers/black-hat-web-exploit-toolkits-prey-on-lazy-users.html

Keep your devices up-to-date as well as an updated AV/malware program such as Norton

Try uninstalling Norton and AVG. Go to Microsoft and install Microsoft Internet Essentials. It has built virus program. I don't know if AVG or Norton have been updated for W7 especially if are running a 64 bit version.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

Try uninstalling Norton and AVG. Go to Microsoft and install Microsoft Internet Essentials. It has built virus program. I don't know if AVG or Norton have been updated for W7 especially if are running a 64 bit version.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

No need to do that. Norton is doing its job by telling you there's a problem with the HAL site. I'm running Norton Internet Security with a 64-bit Windows 7 Ultimate operating system and no issues.

Archived