Princess-at-sea internet

Momma Rene

I am wondering how Princess-at-sea works. I thought I read somewhere that texting to other passengers is a free service on their internet. Are there any additional charges through your carrier? Wondering if AT&T has additional charges. Are Patters on the free service?

Princess@Sea does not use the Internet. It uses the ship's Intranet and is free. You connect via the ship's Wifi and can access events of the day, dining times, your folio, buy an FCC, etc. You can also message other passengers although you or they won't receive a message notification. You just keep checking.

c78eff079f9b5465e2c79133a924457b.jpg

Princess@Sea does not use the Internet. It uses the ship's Intranet and is free. You connect via the ship's Wifi and can access events of the day, dining times, your folio, buy an FCC, etc. You can also message other passengers although you or they won't receive a message notification. You just keep checking.

Thanks so much for the clarification!!!! Your help has been invaluable. We are traveling with another couple and it will make meetings, etc. so much easier!

Guest arowe6

Pam--

Love that you have screenshots of literally EVERYTHING! :p

-Andrew

Thanks so much for the clarification!!!! Your help has been invaluable. We are traveling with another couple and it will make meetings, etc. so much easier!

You might find it a little disappointing, as there are notifications.

Folks have to constantly check their phones for new messages.

So, if you message someone -- "Meet me in 10 minutes", you have to hope they

check their phone in the next 8 minutes, and can run.

It seems like there might be new messaging in the princess medallion class stuff, but I don't

think anyone really knows so far..

Ooops.

You might find it a little disappointing, as there are NO notifications.

It'll be interesting to know if some type of notification will be included with the Ocean Medallion system but we won't know until November at the earliest.

Ooops.

You might find it a little disappointing, as there are NO notifications.

I think most of us figured out what you meant.

For me, I have mixed emotions on this aspect of onboard communications. I think of that annoying ring when you are standing over a putt, the person answering the call and yelling that they are on the golf course and should not be bothered... times 400. In the middle of dinner or a show, phones are ringing people are speaking loudly, argh.

I think of that annoying ring when you are standing over a putt, the person answering the call and yelling that they are on the golf course and should not be bothered... times 400. In the middle of dinner or a show, phones are ringing people are speaking loudly, argh.

If you have tiger woods money, you can grab their phone, throw it overboard, and

scream "not on my backswing".

It seems that one of the features of beef medallion class is notifications -- things you might be

interested in, or things that might make money for the cruise line.

Discovered the room service ordering system in Princess@Sea on my last cruise. Used it to order breakfast.

Each passenger gets an individual code # to give to someone else to set up Messenger. You can't just look up a passenger's name. I'm sure there's a privacy issue.

6593baee956659cf1da8eaeb2132bac0.jpg

How do you initiate contact with a fellow passenger? We are traveling with another couple and their room is on a different level.

I am not sure of the exact way of doing this, but probably someone will post exactly how to do it.

Basically they must give you permission to contact them this way and you enter a special passcode which will allow you to do so. It does not matter where their cabin is.

I am sure the on-board Internet manager can help you set this up if nobody posts the actual procedure here.

I am not sure of the exact way of doing this, but probably someone will post exactly how to do it.

Basically they must give you permission to contact them this way and you enter a special passcode which will allow you to do so. It does not matter where their cabin is.

I am sure the on-board Internet manager can help you set this up if nobody posts the actual procedure here.

If you doing it from a web browser when using the ship wi-fi navigate to http://coral.princess.com and it may auto launch depending on browser settings. The easiest thing to do is then to save the link as a favorite to your phone's home page, it would then have it's own "button" that on the iphone will launch safari and open that page all from the single tap.

When you open the message portion of the "app" you'll see a user id #. You swap user ID's and that's how you address the message, same idea as having a unique email address. I don't know if you need to register for the free login first (I assume so though), we already had the login setup for internet since we pre-purchased the internet package before I poked around the message feature.

There is no app. :confused:

If you let the internet cafe set it up for you on your phone, they may save a link to the intranet home page on your device - on my iPhone it has a unique Princess@Sea icon and looks identical to the proper apps on my phone. Yes, technically not an app in the sense that I didn't get it from the app store, but sure looks like one on casual inspection. Nifty work on the part of the IT/software dept, and nice tie in with marketing & branding.

If you let the internet cafe set it up for you on your phone, they may save a link to the intranet home page on your device - on my iPhone it has a unique Princess@Sea icon and looks identical to the proper apps on my phone. Yes, technically not an app in the sense that I didn't get it from the app store, but sure looks like one on casual inspection. Nifty work on the part of the IT/software dept, and nice tie in with marketing & branding.

It's just a shortcut to a website on your launcher. Every website can get a shortcut. However, since it's not an app, you don't get notifications, or persistence.

Cool! :)

It's just a shortcut to a website on your launcher. Every website can get a shortcut. However, since it's not an app, you don't get notifications, or persistence.

True. The question then is whether they'll ever add a true app, similar to how Delta runs their app on the free

Gogo wifi using their specific server ip ranges to service their app in-air. Hard part is probably figuring a way to let people download the app on ship without needing a paid internet access. I don't remember if Delta/Gogo had figured out that hurdle for their service.