grandeur may 1st review

posted 06-01-04 09:35 PM

Please enter your review.

GRADNDEUR OF THE SEAS MAY THE 1ST 2004

Well let me start by saying that I have been on 6 other cruises Carnival Celebrity ncl & Rcl lines.

Embarking was the fastest Ive seen! We got a Limo at the airport although the 1 we booked wasn't there! We got 1 for $40 for 4 people booze included its cheeper that the bus thing! We waited for 5 min online & boarded in another 10.

Public rooms : The ship was in Great shape! I was worried because I read some very bad reviews Besides the SS norway It was the nicest ship Ive been on! Pool & solarium was great! chairs plentiful by the pool sometimes we stood for 5 min by the solarium. but didn't have a problem! The Dining rooms were very nice even though we were seated by the door.The theater was very nice & spacious! the seats very comfortable! Thevillage people were there even though we missed them.

Also the bars Decour were Elegant & the Disco the nicest Ive seen on a ship!ALSO there were no bad odors comming from the ship that I read about.

CABINS: Another thing I was worried about as the Sq. feet listed was the smallest Ive seen BUT the way it was arranged was the best Ive seen! we were very comfortable there our cabin was close to the Champaine bar which was a great location also I had a soda pass all I had to do was walk like 15 feet to the bar for sodas in the room. I recomend the soda pass & getting a cabin next to the bar! I didn't think about this when I booked my cruise but I lucked into it!

The only shore excursion I did was the Fiesta party boat in Cox Mexico! It was FANTASTIC! I will do it 2-3 more times as I am a cryuise addict & will be there again I am sure!

Dining was excelent! Again I heard so-so reviews about this & I was wondering what the hell they were talking about! The only ship line that I was on that was better was Celebrity & It was a close 2nd. The shrimp in the cocktails were small my only complaint! I had escargo on special order almost every night & My wife & I asked our waiter to see the following night menu every night If we didn't see anything that grabbed us we would just order something special that wasn't on the menu! They always accomidated us!

The entertainment was good although we were too pooped to go to alot of shows!

The value for price was excelent!!!! I cannot stress this enough!! I booked online as I recieve thier E-mail specials weekly. I got a lg inside for 2 for $500.00 per person & booked my own air!

$500 was alot cheeper than any other cruise Ive been on & the cruise was 9 nights instead of 7!as we were repositioning to Baltimore I live in NYC & I know that it is safer to book through the cruise line but what I did was find out what airline flight the ship would have booked me on & booked it myself! Knowing that if the flight was late the ship would wait for the other passengers whih on hte way home I noticed alot of them. I would recomend booking through a online agency as I found that the prices are alot cheeper as these agencys buy cabins in blocks of 100 or so at a much lower rate & sell them at a profit RCL wanted $900 for the same cruise & cabin.

I would & I am going to go on this ship again I was so pleased with everything this was my favorate ship even though the SS Norway was a little nicer the service was better on this ship the pools Bigger The soda pass is unique. In a 1-6 rating scale 1 the worst & 6 excelent

I would have rated the Norway as a 5 The Carnival Destiny as a 4 the Ncl sun a 4 the celebrity Zenith a 3 just to name a few for all you cruise addicts out there who might have been on other ships.Now RCL is my favorate cruise line!

mysterysmaster@earthlink.net

David

Hi. We are thinking about doing the Fiesta Party boat in Cozumel. Did you have any extra time after this to explore the island? We want to be able to shop a little too.

Milissa

Till we sail the Navigator

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;12;11;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived