Oceana

There is not a bar up front, in the position occupied by the Crows Nest on Aurora and Oriana. On Oceana this position is occupied by the buffet restaurant.

This area was actually designed as a dual purpose area and has a sit up bar, dance floor and bandstand. The idea was that in the evenings the buffet serveries could be closed and the area would become a lounge area. P&O never used it as such and it became the evening quiz venue instead. That was in the days when the buffet was not open in the evening. When the buffet started opening for dinner it became full time dining area.

Thank you-Oh poop is all I can say.Can't remember which ship we were on-may have been on the old Artemis, and the bar up top was at the back..hated that...

Oh well a day cruising is better than a day anywhere else , and I will just go and drink wherever the nicest bar is.

Now as most of our cruises seem to have been on Aurora, I can only go by that ship.

On there you have Andersons. I was looking at the virtual tour of Oceana yesterday and I cannot work out if there is something similar on there.

Now as we have had temps of over 30 for the past 3-4 days I am just looking forward to some air con and sea breezes to actually feel chilly!!

Now as most of our cruises seem to have been on Aurora, I can only go by that ship.

On there you have Andersons. I was looking at the virtual tour of Oceana yesterday and I cannot work out if there is something similar on there.

Now as we have had temps of over 30 for the past 3-4 days I am just looking forward to some air con and sea breezes to actually feel chilly!!

Oceana's equivalent to Andersons is the Yacht & Compass. There is also Winners bar, Magnums champagne bar and Tiffanies in the atrium with piano and dancefloor.

images are of the Yacht & Compass

Y&C 01.pdf

Y&C 02.pdf

The Yacht and Compass is the pub bar on Oceana. There is a dance floor and usually some entertainment. There are other smaller bars dotted around.

Oceana is more open plan than Aurora. The outside space and pool areas are lovely. It is very much a sunny weather ship.

Sue

Thank you davecttr the pix look just the sort of place we like.

thank you kersh as well.

Normally when we go away you think what we want is some nice weather. Sorry to say with temps in the 20's by 7am and 30's pm, I really really just want air con ..I want to sleep at night.

Looking at all the pix I could find of Oceana ,she looks much more "glitzy" and shiny than Aurora. Will be good for us to have a change.

Archived