Dinners - Pre and Post Cruise Seattle

sail7seas

We will be going to some nice restaurants pre and post cruise and wonder how 'dressy' is dressy enough? I know what I'd wear in Boston (not that dressy) but am not sure how ladies dress on the other coast for nice dinners out? Dresses/heels or dress pants/tops/cardigans?

Do men wear jackets and ties? Jackets no ties? No jacket?

Any help would be appreciated.

It should be the same, no matter the "coast"! In a "nice" restaurant, you should try to "step it up" a bit....few places require jackets and ties. I really think it depends on the individual restaurant and if they have a dress code. Check online....if a jacket is required, it should say so!

It should be the same, no matter the "coast"! In a "nice" restaurant, you should try to "step it up" a bit....few places require jackets and ties. I really think it depends on the individual restaurant and if they have a dress code. Check online....if a jacket is required, it should say so!

So......... what are you saying you would wear to dinner at a fine restaurant in Seattle? Not Boston, not New York, I am asking about Seattle specifically. I can't figure out what you are suggesting. :confused:

Thanks if you have info that can help me.

We've been to some nice restaurants in Seattle and I didn't even consider dress code, just wore what I would wear to a nice restaurant around here. For me, nice pants, nice top, heels, hair and makeup done (although my hair and makeup are always done :rolleyes:) I would have worn a casual dress if I happened to take one. My husband, slacks, shirt with buttons (I don't want to say button down, because I avoid buying him shirts with button down collars, long boring story), nice shoes, no sportscoat.

Not many restaurants require jackets any longer, but I would check the individual restaurant if you happen to know the name of it. Even saying that, I think a sportscoat is always appropriate in the evening when going out, just like a woman can't be too dressed up in nice sportswear or a great looking casual dress.

I love Seattle:) and they have some wonderful restauarants:D

I would check with the restaurant about the jacket question.

Where are you planning to eat?......enjoy Seattle......they have

fabulous seafood!:)

Re-reading your post....slacks and top with a cardigan would

be something I would wear.... and I don't know lots of places

that require a tie for a guy anymore.....but call the particular

restaurant if you have questions.

Thanks for your help. :)

I have a good idea of what to plan now.

If you end up eating at Pike's Market....that is TOTALLY CASUAL:D

You have to go there:)......fresh food, flowers, spices, etc...etc....

one of the most fun places ever..not only in Seattle but anywhere:)

We do plan to be at Pike's Market but also Four Seasons. Two very different venues from what I can gather. :)

Seeing we are from the 'right' coast we have chosen to spend a little more time than usual pre-cruise in embarkation city to have time to really see it. It's a long trip to Seattle so may as well make the most of our visit.

If you're eating at ART at the Four Seasons, you'll want to be in smart casual. Chinos or trousers and a collared shirt--preferably with a sports jacket--for men, pantsuit or slacks/skirt and blouse or dress for women. You wouldn't be out of place in a LBD.

If you have the chance I'd also suggest Crush--amazing food and the executive chef is a James Beard award winner. You'd want smart casual there as well.

I'm jealous, great food city--enjoy!

Thanks so much. :)

We recently had dinner in Portland, Maine at a James Beard Chef Restaurant..... Hugo's. It was amazing. You certainly have peaked my interest in trying another. Our pre-cruise trip to Seattle is sounding better and better.

Archived