Do you actually use the pool on Alaska cruises?

papergypsy

My DD is curious as to whether or not people actually use the Lido pool on the Inside Passage ships. I explained about the dome and all, but she can't believe that people would actually be swimming much on this cruise. Anyone have comments?

Also, does anyone know how late the pool is open for swimming?

Thanks!

Since we couldn't use the outside pool, it was very much used on my Alaskan cruise, especially by families with children.

Roz

My DD is curious as to whether or not people actually use the Lido pool on the Inside Passage ships. I explained about the dome and all, but she can't believe that people would actually be swimming much on this cruise.

Anyone have comments?

Thanks!

The pools are used. I noticed last summer,it was mostly kids in the pool.

You're going on the Zuiderdam. This is the pool I would use. It's heaven

508616472AcVOfs_ph.jpg

Have a great cruise!

There is nothing stopping you from using the pool, except your own mentality.

For our May '99 cruise, on the "old" Noordam, it was too cold for anyone to think of swimming. One girl put her toes in the water and decided against it.

We saw one man with two children ONCE in the pool on our cruise in August '07. When they exited the pool, they were running for cover inside. I can only imagine they were freezing. And we never saw anyone else using the pool period.

When the weather outside is cold enough to keep snow and ice frozen, it's cold. I'm not sure what the temp was, but people were in coats, not bathing suits.

On our cruise to Alaska the covered pool was under repair so the only choice was outdoors and it was too cool, especially when the ship was moving. Really depends on your tolerance for cool air.

We plan to try again on our cruise to the Baltics.

JKW

And even if the pool is too cool to use, there are always the hot tubs. One of my favorite memories from our Alaskan cruise is of us enjoying the hot tub while the ship was docked in Skagway. We got to watch the sunset from the back of our ship, the light playing against the mountain glaciers.

We were on the Amsterdam the second week of September 2007. The Lido pool was used all the time on our cruise. It was either closed on cold days, opened slightly on not so cold days and open all the way on warm days. I am not a big fan of the Lido pool but did use it on that cruise. We also used the Sea View pool at sailaways in Sitka and Ketchikan as it was in the 70's.

I don't use it ever - that's where the kids go and I prefer peace & quiet in my pools. It'll be open every day, with the roof closed as appropriate. My teen (at the time) son spent many hours in the pool with the other teens on our Amsterdam Alaska cruise 7 years ago.

Sue/WDW1972

Eurodam 11/07/09

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the pool is open until 10:00pm, but don't quote me on that.

Pack your bathing suit and that way if you have stretch of beautiful weather, you will be prepared to enjoy a dip in the pool.

Have a great trip,

N.

Archived