How to get to the Aquarium and zoo

eeyore81

We are planning on going to the Aquarium and zoo on our upcoming cruise. Can anyone tell me the best way to get there. We are a party of 5 plus a 10month old. My mom uses a mobility scooter, so we would have to have transportation that could accommodate. It is on the small side and usually can fit in the back of a van or in a large trunk.

Does anyone know approximately the cost of a cab/van to go to the Aquarium? We will have 12 people with us, know sure how many will want to go but do not want to do buses for this..

I'm assuming that you'll take the ferry to Hamilton first, fare $4.00 token. Then from Hamilton, you'll take a taxi to the Bermuda, Aquarium, Museum, & Zoo (BAMZ). My estimated fare for a taxi - up to 4 passengers, $14.00, for 5 or 6 passengers, $17.00 plus tip.

This would be for weekday & Saturday travel.

SBtS

happy cruiser, if you do not want to take the bus ,for 12 people I would recommend you take two cabs from dockyard, it would not be worth the money to take the ferry over to hamilton then catch a cab. You are probably looking at 40.00 each cab to the Zoo...

But I still say the better solution is the buses, as you can by 1 2 or 3 day passes that can be used on the ferry and the buses and would save you alot of money

happy cruiser, if you do not want to take the bus ,for 12 people I would recommend you take two cabs from dockyard, it would not be worth the money to take the ferry over to hamilton then catch a cab. You are probably looking at 40.00 each cab to the Zoo...

But I still say the better solution is the buses, as you can by 1 2 or 3 day passes that can be used on the ferry and the buses and would save you alot of money

I thoroughly disagree. If you're going to use mass transit rather than taxis, taking the ferry to to Hamilton and then the bus from Hamilton to BAMZ is much faster than taking the bus to Hamilton followed by the bus to BAMZ.

I thoroughly disagree. If you're going to use mass transit rather than taxis, taking the ferry to to Hamilton and then the bus from Hamilton to BAMZ is much faster than taking the bus to Hamilton followed by the bus to BAMZ.

NJhorseman, please re read what I wrote.... They said they didnt want to take the bus... so I was suggesting taking a taxi from Dockyards to the zoo, as it would cost them 4.50 each for the ferry then 2 cabs to the zoo... (12 people) they are talking about...

NJhorseman, please re read what I wrote.... They said they didnt want to take the bus... so I was suggesting taking a taxi from Dockyards to the zoo, as it would cost them 4.50 each for the ferry then 2 cabs to the zoo... (12 people) they are talking about...

You said two different things in your post...at the end of your post (what I highlighted in red) you recommended taking the bus as the best solution...since you already knew they didn't want to take the bus why did you make that recommendation? And having done that, why not recommend the better solution...the combination of bus and ferry, rather than the bus alone?

By the way, a ferry token costs $4, not $4.50. There's no possible way to pay $4.50 for the ferry since they don't accept cash on the ferries...only tokens, transportation passes and transportation tickets. $4.50 is the cash fare for a 14 zone bus trip. Only buses accept cash (coins only...no bills).

The prices for the ferry and buses will be going up before the cruise season..and I heard it will be 50 cents for the ferry and the buses and the bus passes will also go up...

The only announced fare increase has been 25% for transportation passes of up to 7 days duration (typically the passes that are bought by visitors). There's been no mention of anything else.

Sorry seems like horseman has all the answers...so we will let him be the answer to everything.. and not let anyone else speak, because we are wrong and he is right

Now, now, you did post some things that seemed contradictory.

I have not read anything about any other increases either. "Hearing" something is.......hearsay.:D

The only announced fare increase has been 25% for transportation passes of up to 7 days duration (typically the passes that are bought by visitors). There's been no mention of anything else.

A planned increase in the cost of travelling on public transport has stepped up a gear, with the tabling of two Bills in the House of Assembly.

The Omnibus and Ferry Services Fares Amendment Regulations raise some bus and ferry fares by around 25 percent.

A one-day adult pass currently costing $12 for all zones will go up to $15, while a weekly pass will cost $56 from $45 previously.And bus passengers paying cash will soon have to pay $4.50 for a 14-zone journey, an increase of 50 cents.

A planned increase in the cost of travelling on public transport has stepped up a gear, with the tabling of two Bills in the House of Assembly.

The Omnibus and Ferry Services Fares Amendment Regulations raise some bus and ferry fares by around 25 percent.

A one-day adult pass currently costing $12 for all zones will go up to $15, while a weekly pass will cost $56 from $45 previously.And bus passengers paying cash will soon have to pay $4.50 for a 14-zone journey, an increase of 50 cents.

Yes, that was discussed earlier on another thread. The newspaper article isn't correct because the 14 zone cash fare is already $4.50. They need to correct it if they mean the price of a token is going up to $4.50.

When we discussed this issue earlier, I was quoting the speech given by the minister, and that speech said nothing about the price of tokens going up...it only talked about the 25% increase in the cost of transportation passes.

Archived