Harv & Marv best tour time

jeansaussie1

Harv & Marv has departure times of 8:20am, 11:20am, or 2:50pm. Our ship docks from 8am to 9pm.

Being from the East coast I'm thinking of picking the 8:20 time since my body will already be awake. Plus it will give plenty of time to explore Mendenhall on our own and take the blue bus back.

My questions are:

1. Is the whale viewing better at any particular time? Fog? Other considerations?

2. What does Harv & Marv mean by the van stops at the photo view point - how far of a walk is there to the park?

Thanks in advance

No better time - choose which is most convenient for you.

Which "park" are you trying to walk to? They stop near the start of the trails and I think they usually give you 20-30 minutes (enough to see and snap a few photos). If you want to walk to the waterfall, then you have to take a shuttle bus back on your own for a small additional cost.

2. What does Harv & Marv mean by the van stops at the photo view point - how far of a walk is there to the park?

Thanks in advance

This may be the stop they make shortly after picking you up downtown on the way to Auke Bay. It’s called Brotherhood Bridge. If you do a search for it you will see photos of fireweed in the foreground with Mendenhall Glacier in the background. Nice short stop along the way. After the whale watch tour they take you to Mendenhall where you can stay on their bus back to town or take one of the shuttle busses back as frugal mentioned.

Archived