Does NCL offer alcohol-inclusive packages?

cricketgirl

When I called NCL a couple of months ago, I was told that all of their cruises offer alcohol-inclusive packages and that the options will be offered when we check onto the ship. But going through this website I haven't seen anyone mention this. Does NCL offer these types of packages? And if so, has anyone taken advantage of them? Is it worth it? I have never cruised NCL before...

Here's a link to NCL's group drink packages:

http://www.events.ncl.com/assets/doc...vProgrREV3.pdf

If you don't want to click through:

The Freestyler’s - Only $46 per guest/per day*

When you don’t want to give it a second thought, choose The Freestyler’s – unlimited house and call brand spirits, domestic beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable. One plan, plenty of choices.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated premium brands (subject to change), import beer, mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

The Freestyler’s Premium - Only $56 per guest/per day*

If premium beverages are more your style, choose The Freestyler’s Premium – unlimited spirits from the most popular premium labels, domestic and import beer, house wine and unlimited fountain soda, at all bars, lounges and restaurants. The same at designated cocktail parties and on the private island when applicable.

*Does not include room service, package sales, “take aways” and designated super premium and ultra premium brands (subject to change), mini bar purchases, bottled water, specialty coffee beverages, or Red Bull energy drinks. A 10% seasonal premium will apply for the dates of March 1st – April 15th.

Viva Vino Wine Package - 20% discount on total purchase

If tasting a variety of different wines at every dinner is your preference, join the Wine Lovers and enjoy the experience of wines from different regions, countries and grapes every evening.

*Available only for purchase on board. Package requirements depend on the length of the cruise. For example, a 7 day cruise will require a pre-selection of 6 to 8 bottles.

Freestyle Refresh

Unlimited Fountain Soda - $6.25 (adult & teens), $4.00 (children) per guest/per day

Only Norwegian Cruise Line and Pepsi® know how to refresh you in a way that lasts for the entire cruise. And it all starts with signing up for the Freestyle Refresh program with Pepsi® and NCL. No need to carry around your cash or credit card. And absolutely no chance of EVER being thirsty.

*Includes unlimited fountain Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Mountain Dew, Sierra Mist and Soda Water. Partial packages or pricing is not available. Brands subject to availability.

And here are the all-important Terms and Conditions:

Terms & Conditions:

• All members of the group must be of legal drinking age. (Excluding Freestyle Refresh)

• Outside of US territorial waters (3 miles), minimum drinking age is 18 years old for Beer and Wine, with the written consent of a parent or guardian traveling on the vessel. Without written consent, then the minimum drinking age is 21 years old.

• While in US port or within the territorial waters of a US state, the minimum drink age is 21 years old.

• All prices are per guest, per day - subject to change.

• The Freestyler’s and Freestyler’s Premium must be purchased for ALL guests in a group.

• Twenty-guest minimum required (children under the legal drinking age do not count as part of the group).

• All prices are inclusive of gratuity.

• All prices and selections are subject to change, without prior notice.

• Your check may reflect an additional tax for certain ports or itineraries.

• Packages must be purchased for entire length of cruise.

there are some great deals,im gonna bring this info to my roll call :D

Keep in mind that you have to be booked as a group, all cabins in the same group and every one has to take the same package..

Wow...I'd never seen that. You and every member in your group would have to be some pretty serious drinkers, each and every day, to make that cost effective. Depending on what you drink, you're looking at as much as ten beers a day or nine mixed drinks, every day...again the volume depending on what you like to drink. And I'm assuming that drinkers of this level are having a few each day on shore while on port visits.

Wow...I'd never seen that. You and every member in your group would have to be some pretty serious drinkers, each and every day, to make that cost effective. Depending on what you drink, you're looking at as much as ten beers a day or nine mixed drinks, every day...again the volume depending on what you like to drink. And I'm assuming that drinkers of this level are having a few each day on shore while on port visits.

Good point, at that price I don't think it would be worth the money anyway. Thanks to all for the info - I appreciate it.

So are there no types of wine packages for individuals, much like the ones offered on RCI?

Yes, they have wine packages available when you first board the ship in the Atrium.We were on the Jewel. 20% off THEIR select wines Minimum purchase is 7 bottles. I had read here on the boards that at one time they had a buy 6 get one free.

FEB2011CruiseVacation019.jpg

Hi

This is an interesting post I am pondering if the drinks package at $46 is worth it or not...I would buy the soda package always anyway so taking the $7 of meens that the alcohol drinks would be at $39 working out at £25 in our currency...it now seems like a not so bad deal...what do you think?

Also does anyone know if the service charges are on top or is that the price you pay at the beginning of the Cruise and each time a drink is brought to you there are no tax to pay etc?

If this was the case then that to becomes an incentive as each time I ordered a wine and lemonade and a beer the 18% would ammount to a few $'s Hmmmm I am confused but don't want it to end up not being worthwhile.

I always have a bottle of red wine with my meal at dinner, then maybe 2 or 3 cocktails throughout the whole eve watching a show etc and my husband would have approx 8 beers per eve and maybe a night cap of rum or whisky. Would you say that price wise we would be better to book the wine package and husband just pay as he went except for his soda package or both get the $46 package?

Hi

This is an interesting post I am pondering if the drinks package at $46 is worth it or not...I would buy the soda package always anyway so taking the $7 of meens that the alcohol drinks would be at $39 working out at £25 in our currency...it now seems like a not so bad deal...what do you think?

Also does anyone know if the service charges are on top or is that the price you pay at the beginning of the Cruise and each time a drink is brought to you there are no tax to pay etc?

If this was the case then that to becomes an incentive as each time I ordered a wine and lemonade and a beer the 18% would ammount to a few $'s Hmmmm I am confused but don't want it to end up not being worthwhile.

I always have a bottle of red wine with my meal at dinner, then maybe 2 or 3 cocktails throughout the whole eve watching a show etc and my husband would have approx 8 beers per eve and maybe a night cap of rum or whisky. Would you say that price wise we would be better to book the wine package and husband just pay as he went except for his soda package or both get the $46 package?

• Twenty-guest minimum required (children under the legal drinking age do not count as part of the group).

For the $46 package, you have to be a group of at least 8 cabins and EVERYONE in the cabins has to buy the package. So if you're not travelling with a large group you can't get it.

For the soda package, on the SUN the cans of pop were $2.25 each and if you are getting the package you aren't getting a CAN you're getting the pop dispensed from the fountain gun. Ginger Beer was $2.50 and that won't be included on the card. So will your husband really drink that much pop to cover the daily cost of the card? He might be better off just buying single cans.

Beer can be bought 6 for the price of 5 so that might be the deal for him. Gratuity will be charged at 15% on EACH purchase so the average fancy drink price will range from $6.50-$10. Always ask for the drink in a REGULAR glass as if they put it in a souvineer glass it will be an extra $2.50! :eek:

You can always bring wine on board and pay the $15 corkage fee on each bottle. Otherwise I would really look into the wine package if you plan on a bottle or two per day.

Good luck and a very happy cruise to you!

Archived