Excursion Help

dcedar

We are going to Freeport, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. Me, hubby and two boys...17 and 10.

We are not big swimmers.

We have never snorkled.

What excursions would you suggest? Have you done it yourself?

I saw a shopping excursion but I am thinking we don't need to pay someone to take us to the the shops because we can get there for much less??? Are there any benefits to it?

What about the site seeing tours? Boring or fun? Do we need a guide for this?

We do not want to sit at a beach all day doing nothing but don't mind the beach for a short time.

Please help!

We are going to Freeport, Nassau, and Half Moon Cay. Me, hubby and two boys...17 and 10.

We are not big swimmers.

We have never snorkled.

What excursions would you suggest? Have you done it yourself?

I saw a shopping excursion but I am thinking we don't need to pay someone to take us to the the shops because we can get there for much less??? Are there any benefits to it?

What about the site seeing tours? Boring or fun? Do we need a guide for this?

We do not want to sit at a beach all day doing nothing but don't mind the beach for a short time.

Please help!

Hiya, I have been there several times and the shops are not at all far from the dock so they are within walking distance...as for excursions the only one I have ever done was a city tour which I found some of the local tour guide drivers to give us. The are all planeted right outside the dock so you can find one of them there. I have never done a ship excursion with any cruise have always found it cheaper when I get there or do some research online for companies that cruise critic members have used and reviewed on.

Kathy

In Nassau, we did "Discover Atlantis", which is a walking tour all over Atlantis. It was really neat! After the tour you can stay as long as you like at the resort, with buses leaving every half hour.

Freeport, we did the "beach break and shopping". Honestly, the shopping was not all that great. There was nothing special about the beach, definitely not a tropical paradise. There is a big outdoor market area right where the ship docks and we had a lot of fun poking around there. I wouldn't pay to go anywhere in Freeport, but that's just my opinion. It's very industrial and not very scenic. I would have been happy walking around the market and getting back on the ship!

I hope this helps:)

Archived