In Cabo on Easter Sunday

canadianeh?

I was in Cabo San Lucas on New Year's Day. Many shops were closed, but bars and restaurants were open.

It just sunk in that we will be in Cabo on Easter Sunday. Does anyone know if the shops will be open for business as usual, or will we be entering a ghost town?

• 1 month later...

2 cruisers from the same sailing.

This is my first time to the M.R. and I'm looking forward to it. I think we are doing a glass bottom boat tour then just going into town to Cabo Wabo and maybe a little beach time. Not sure yet.

mkdawnt would your son like the beach? That could be fun especially if it's hot.

Here's a link to the 4/10 Star roll call if you want to pop in.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=251618

Hi,

If you're taking your son to the beach in Cabo, the only swimming place is Medano Beach, located inside the bay and across from Land's End.

When you get off the tender at the main dock (adjacent to the tourist market), grab yourself a water taxi and ask them to take you to Medano Bch (water taxis are cheap and save you a 45 min walk around the marina.

There are no swimming beaches on the Pacific side of Land's End because of the high surf and the extremely dangerous riptides. They are so severe that you are not even allowed to dabble your feet by the water's edge.

Medano Bch..you can rent the water toy of your choice from wave runners to sea kayaks, banana rides. Access can be gained thru any of the resorts (Costa Real Beach Club Resort).

Have a great time in Cbao, and if you take the water taxi to the beach from the main dock, you won't be hassled by every timeshare salesperson in Baja Sur.

Ciao for now!!!

To JudyF:

Looks like we are going to be sharing the same ride! Anxiously counting the days until we board. This will be our first cruise out of Caribbean waters so I am still in my'learning curve". Have you sailed Mexican riveria before?

Hello fellow Canuck..

We just came back from Mex. Rev cruise with Princess Spring break.. We absolutely loved Cabo.. wished we had more time there.. We booked 40 min boat ride with Princess to see Los Arcos and Lover's beach.. but could not get the beach portion as they were sold out. .recommend that you wait till you get ashore.. to book with local tour operators. Lots to choose from.. US$6 for water taxi to beach.. US $10 for the Los Arcos trip and Lovers beach . Remember you have to tender to and from.. and we had a massive line up waiting to tender back onto our ship.. 45 mins long. .so plan carefully.. Prices are best at mazatlan vs. Cabo for us. as we did PV first, then Maz and then Cabo.. Cabo was also the hottest spot of all the 3 ports.. so head for the water.. have fun. .enjoy. .wish we were going again.

:o :) ;)

Archived