help for Samana

golferdog

We'll be stopping in Samana, Dominican Republic on the Pearl in Oct. and would like some help in planning the day---we've been to the D.R. but on the other side of the island and know little or nothing about Samana--any help will be greatly appreciated

You may wish to post this over on the Ports of Call Forum. The Pearl hasn't stopped previously at Samana - upcoming Fall cruises will be the first time there. The former S. Caribbean itinerary had the Pearl porting in Roseau, Domenica which was an awesome island.

I'm sure they had their reasons for changing.........and that someone here on these boards will know what it was:p . The posters on this board are incredibly knowledgeable and will be happy to share what they know.

You're gonna love the Pearl - we did!

We'll be stopping in Samana, Dominican Republic on the Pearl in Oct. and would like some help in planning the day---we've been to the D.R. but on the other side of the island and know little or nothing about Samana--any help will be greatly appreciated

We did Samana on the Dawn last year. It is a tender port and on the very poor side of the island. We did a private trip to Casa Marina Bay Resort thru a friend we were travelling with. They sent a bus for the 25 of us. I know NCL offers a resort tour and I hear it is very nice.

You will porbably be able to research it on the Ports of Call board.

Happy Cruising,

Monty

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Golferdog, for Samana I would recommend that you do the Mangroves and Caves tour with Cayo Levantado island. The first is a unique site in the Caribbean and you will enjoy it, the tour then stops at beautiful Cayo Levantado island where you will spend the rest of the day and return straight to the ship via a 10 min tender ride. This combination tour should be offered by NCL.

Enjoy,

Bahia Cruiser

• 2 weeks later...

Archived