Carnival Liberty - Harlem Shake

cruiseguy83

We cruise because of Ports, someone else driving and meals covered. What goes on while on ship we can care less. We do try to avoid crowds on vacation being in the tourism business the rest of the time.

The LIDO deck is one place we always avoid, too loud, crowded and pushy bartenders. To me, that video is what HELL looks like to me. BUT...that is SPRING BREAK. Rules are tossed out and is why we don't cruise then.

To each there own. I'll be the one in the library sipping wine with a good book.

For those youngsters it does look wild. I might add, Spring Break is mostly college kids. I am 49, college was a bit ago, but working 2 jobs while going to college fulltime, I am sure a cruise would have never occurred for Spring Break. I think I was in the generation that 4 guys pooled 50 bucks each and drove 30 hours to Florida and bought 2 cases of PBR.

Affording a cruise as a college kid? Times have changed. and folks say they are hurtin' financially?

For those youngsters it does look wild. I might add, Spring Break is mostly college kids. I am 49, college was a bit ago, but working 2 jobs while going to college fulltime, I am sure a cruise would have never occurred for Spring Break. I think I was in the generation that 4 guys pooled 50 bucks each and drove 30 hours to Florida and bought 2 cases of PBR.

Affording a cruise as a college kid? Times have changed. and folks say they are hurtin' financially?

Lmao. I went on my first cruise while in college. You have tuition, room & board paid by scholarship/grant/student loan, get a weekend job for drinking money - you can get an inside room during spring break for 400 bucks a person. That's a couple weekends flipping burgers or delivering pizzas.

When you were in college cruises were a lot more expensive - that's the main difference most likely. When I went last April, there were quite a few kids with high school class tee shirts on. It's just not as expensive as you think (assuming you don't care what your room looks like and don't need a balcony)

Lmao. I went on my first cruise while in college. You have tuition, room & board paid by scholarship/grant/student loan, get a weekend job for drinking money - you can get an inside room during spring break for 400 bucks a person. That's a couple weekends flipping burgers or delivering pizzas.

When you were in college cruises were a lot more expensive - that's the main difference most likely. When I went last April, there were quite a few kids with high school class tee shirts on. It's just not as expensive as you think (assuming you don't care what your room looks like and don't need a balcony)

I worked during Spring Break, summers and Holidays when I was in school. I didn't go on a non-family related vacation until I was 34 years old. Must be nice for kids of today to afford cruises on their financial aid. I never could.

And is that guy who is dancing on the pool deck in the beginning wearing a flesh colored swim suit? :eek:

Archived