Seabourn Sailor's Holiday Cruises and Christmas plans?

Martita B.

Sailor's......I thought we all might enjoy posting our upcoming "Seabourn Family" holiday cruises and Christmas plans. As we won't see or be with one another it's certainly the time of year we think of each other!

My each of you have a most joyous Christmas!

Blessed wishes for you and yours,

Martita B.

I'll be staying with friends in Naples, that we met on the Legend and have sailed with them ever since! Others that will be there for pre-Christmas party, are also fellow sailors!

Host Dan

We couldn't be happier to be spending Christmas Eve, [our favorite celebration day] with our friends and their family at our home[and yes, they are SEABOURNITES.. but of course... celebrating with our spoiled Weimaraners [dogs]. We will have an all canapes and cocktails repast..and then open presents one at a time..much to the dogs chagrine. They are soooooo spoiled..and each evening at cocktail hour...they make a sniffing tour of the presents...whereupon...we insist..that Santa will soon be coming to Tucson. MERRY CHRISTMAS..AND HAPPY HANUKKAH to all! Our friends we celebrate Christmas Eve with are married Catholics and Jews. Wouldn't it be wonderful if marriage could cure the ills of our world!

Ollie and I will be spending the Christmas holiday at home this year with our 3 dogs. Dexter (Brittany 16 yrs old) , Daisy May (Shiba Inu 6 yrs old) and Dakota (Shiba Inu 3 yrs old). Good food and libations here for the holidays. We will have some single and widowed friends over as we do most years. It can be hard to be alone during the holidays.

A very Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you may celebrate and a Happy New Year from Southwest Florida to all our Seabourn friends.

Mcboo and Ollie:) :) :)

Am I the only one sailing:Fort Lauderdale-Fort Lauderdale Dec. 17-Jan. 3, with a stay with my sister and brother in Bonita Bay afterwards. This is a cruise David and I planned before his untimely death in September. I am cruising for both of us with my favorite Seabourn family--the staff and officers of Seabourn Pride. David would have been 54 on December 29; please all raise a glass to him!

Winnie

Winnie

I will certainly raise a glass for David. December 29 is my birthday too and I will be 56. (That's the smallest font I can find!). I am so sorry you won't be sailing together but I am sure you will have lots of good memories and, of course, your Seabourn family will be there so you will definitely not feel alone.

PS Just had a thought. As my passport shows the same birthday, do you think Seabourn would notice if I came on instead? :) April for my next cruise seems so far away.

Best wishes

Norm

Winnie, what a marvelous jesture to David! We are ALL soooo proud of YOU! As our Pride Officer's, Staff, Crew and Entertainers are so much part of our family, you will be comforted each day with their love, care and support. After my Mother's death I almost dreaded boarding the Pride......all my worries and frets suddenly disappeared when I walked thru' security and into the Lobby.......to see such smiling and welcoming faces!

Love abounds on our Seabourn Sister's........and you will feel and know this immediately upon your arrival! I can not think of any place on earth that you could be during the holidays, that would be more comforting or special!

Do enjoy and please know we'll all be thinking of you! And David......as he will be also be along sharing the Christmas magic with YOU!

Holiday Hugs are sent to you!

Martita B.

Sailor Boy and I have vowed one year to spend the holidays on Seabourn -- but this year in our new Tucson home we are flying in his son, wife and 2 1/2 year old grandaughter for a week of fun and festivities. Once we have recovered we head out to "cruise" around the Galapagos and visit Mach Pichu.

Winnie -- glad to know that you will be with your Seabourn family during this first, difficult holiday seacons without your beloved david -- if you would post an account of the cruise focusing on how they make it special for the holidays.

Here's wishing the blessings of the season to all of our Seabourn friends. Here's hoping we meet all of your at some time on a Seabourn ship!!!

We will spend the holidays with our family and look forward to our next cruise whenever!!

Winnie, hope that you have a fabulous cruise knowing that David will be with you in spirit and wanting you to have a wonderful time.

Kathryn

My family has had some illness in 2005 so we are spending the holiday at the Grove Park Inn and Spa in Asheville where we can have a quiet holiday for a very small family! Merry Christmas to all and I hope that 2006 will be a healthy , happy year full of Seabourn cruising days !!!:)

John III

Sorry to hear about illnesses, but you will love the Grove Park. I was in Asheville this fall visiting some friends and fell in love with the whole area.

We also enjoyed some of the wines from the Biltmore Esate, and the charming downtown area. We had dinner one night in the celler level of the Flying Frog Cafe, (which is nothing like what may come to mind with a name like that!) It is right downtown. (There we go again bringing up food.)

Sea-Hawk

John, am soooo disappointed to hear of "illness in the family"......but happy to hear you're going to enjoy Asheville during the holidays!

Had you indeed trekked out to in Las Vegas we could have had a "Seabourn West" holiday cocktail/dinner party! (L.V. is so very different from how I've always celebrated Christmas......but sometimes we need to change our modus operandi)

Holiday Hugs to You!

MB

Well, I visited friends on both the Pride and the Legend yesterday and much as I would have LOVED to stay on, I had to get off. Both of the ships looked so pretty decked out with all the Christmas decorations. I saw a man and a woman with 2 adorable looking blonde boys on the Legend and went up to her and asked if she was from Jersey (in the UK, not the US). She said yes and I asked if she was Big Mama. She looked a bit shocked and then I said "From the Cruisecritic message board." She then laughed and said that she was indeed Big Mama.

Sadly, we will not be cruising but have rented an apt in Benalmadena, Spain on the Costa del Sol. That is a nice consolation prize. Leaving on Friday 12-23 and will be back on New Years Day. My husband made a really bad mistake for New Years Eve, 1999. I wanted to go away for the Millenium (we never had gone away for New Years Eve) and he said he wanted to stay home in case all the lights went out or something equally silly. He promised me we would could go away for New Years Eve 2000 to anywhere I wanted to go. That turned into Paris in 2000. I loved being away for New Years Eve so much that we have expanded. 2001 was Philadelphia, 2002 was Boston, 2003 was Christmas/New Years and a total of 2 weeks in Australia, 2004 was Baltimore and 2005 will be Spain. We will be in Malaga on New Years Eve and will eat 12 grapes at the stroke of Midnight. Don't ask me why, its what the Spaniards do as a tradition so as they say "When in ROme" or in this case Spain.

Whatever holiday you celebrate, have a wonderful one.

Bon Voyage

Archived