Breakaway Sailing Into New York

johnnypiano

Has NCL released any information on what time Breakaway is coming into New York Harbor on May 7? I would like to go down to Hoboken to watch it come up the river, if possible. I'm assuming that the NYFD will do some sort of Water Cannon salute or something, right?

Has NCL released any information on what time Breakaway is coming into New York Harbor on May 7? I would like to go down to Hoboken to watch it come up the river, if possible. I'm assuming that the NYFD will do some sort of Water Cannon salute or something, right?

Hi johnnypiano. Spoke with a NCL agent who told me that Breakaway will be coming in at 8am on My 7. Call NCL to see if you can see if that is correct.:cool:

Hi johnnypiano. Spoke with a NCL agent who told me that Breakaway will be coming in at 8am on My 7. Call NCL to see if you can see if that is correct.:cool:

Ohh, would LOVE to know this. I work in SI and my office has a beautiful view of the VZ bridge/harbor and would be able to see this perfectly. BUT, I would only be able to see

coming under the VZ and about another 5 or so minutes after that. I guess I would need to get in earlier, which isn't going to happen LOL

I will be there as well :-)

The Breakaway will be docked and ready for Customs by 8 am on May 7. It's pretty likely that it *will* enter the harbor around 4 am.

On The Schedule it is shown as arriving at 8am at Manhattan Cruise Terminal, However If I remember correctly so did NCL Epic back in 2010, but in that case we arrived at about 9am but were unable to disembark because of the lifeboat situation until past lunchtime. There were however plenty of activity watching the lifeboats getting removed prior to docking.

a252fa974914368a38c3fb483cf2d599.png.42a5fdc8aa0617420fcfe9214f2abdea.png

The Breakaway will be docked and ready for Customs by 8 am on May 7. It's pretty likely that it *will* enter the harbor around 4 am.
I'd say that is more accurate. Seems that ships are dockside around 6 am much of the time with similar schedules.

On The Schedule it is shown as arriving at 8am at Manhattan Cruise Terminal, However If I remember correctly so did NCL Epic back in 2010, but in that case we arrived at about 9am but were unable to disembark because of the lifeboat situation until past lunchtime. There were however plenty of activity watching the lifeboats getting removed prior to docking.

WHy did they remove the lifeboats?

WHy did they remove the lifeboats?

The powers that be at NCL and Manhattan Cruise Terminal, had not realised that The Norwegian Epic Did not fit the berth with the overhanging Lifeboats attached. They did try but it was not to be until they had been detached.

That is why the Manhattan Cruise Terminal has now had the new modern adjustable gangways and expanded pier aprons to cope with the new generation cruise ships.

http://www.adelte.com/news/team-contracted-passenger-boarding-bridges-manhattan-cruise/

Any updates here? I've read from some on the ship that the captain is taking the ship a little faster than originally planned (~20 knots). Has anyone on the ship received any estimates of time into the harbor?

Well there won't be much light to photograph her by.... Anyone know the press sailing schedule ??

Would love to shoot her from the NJ side with the city in the background

Sunrise in the city is 5:47 AM on Tuesday May 7th.

@nclsglcruiser posted on twitter that they expect to dock by 6am on Tuesday and that a 5am arrival under the Verrazano is likely. The captain will be announcing more precise information tomorrow.

....might be a little too early for me. I'll probably just watch the video on the news in the morning!

@nclsglcruiser posted on twitter that they expect to dock by 6am on Tuesday and that a 5am arrival under the Verrazano is likely. The captain will be announcing more precise information tomorrow.

....might be a little too early for me. I'll probably just watch the video on the news in the morning!

If an arrival time at the Verrazano Bridge area of NY is stated or estimated please post. Thank you :) would like to watch it on the webcam

http://www.nyharborwebcam.com

3 hours ago via Twitter - "Captains updated. 3AM under bridge. 4:15AM pier side so no sail in shots, no fire boats etc.. #norwegianbreakaway"

3 hours ago via Twitter - "Captains updated. 3AM under bridge. 4:15AM pier side so no sail in shots, no fire boats etc.. #norwegianbreakaway"

Thanks. I have an excellent view of the VZ from my office but I get in at 8:30 am.

I wish it was coming in later but can't wait to know it's in NY.

My inlaws will be sailing on May 12 and my family will be sailing in July!

Can't wait!

Archived