Fla bus to Epic replacing cruise connection??

cmitch9999

I understand that the cruise connection bus which used to transport passengers to the port for NCL is no longer in operation. Does anyone know of another bus or shuttle service that is reliable and open for reservations?

thank you!!

I understand that the cruise connection bus which used to transport passengers to the port for NCL is no longer in operation. Does anyone know of another bus or shuttle service that is reliable and open for reservations?

thank you!!

You can always book a shuttle through NCL. They tend to wait until they are full before departing the airport/dock but if you arent in a hurry they are just fine.

I keep watching the "mycruisebus" site for the new Cruise Connection-type bus service to ports here in FL to begin. I have heard it is supposed to begin this fall (hopefully) - we'd like to use it for our January cruise. :rolleyes:

http://mycruisebus.com/

A local travel agency is advertising some cruise deals and in their ad it also mentions "cruise bus service available". I'm going to call on Monday and see if it's something just for their clients or if anyone can book.

I'll post again here if I find out anything useful. :)

thank you!!

Don't know if this helps but we used SAS Transportation several times for trip from Ft Lauderdale airport to Miami port area hotel and for return trip from port either to Ft Lauderdale airport or once to Ft Lauderdale hotel for one day post cruise stay. They have been very reliable and are not expensive.

thank you!!

Trying to figure out if you are talking about Ft Lauderdale or Miami transport. If Ft Laud, then some of the other answers will help.

If you are talking about Miami airport - cabs are way easier and cheaper.

I think he means the "Cruise Connection" bus service that offered same day motorcoach service from various FL cities to the cruise ports, instead of local shuttle service. Well, at least my answer about the "My Cruise Bus" above was based on that anyway. OP if I was wrong, please disregard my info LOL.

NCL used to offer a program like this info from RCI:

Start your cruise experience worry free, while professional transportation companies take care of the driving for you with their convenient cruise transfer service. State of the art motor coaches are fully equipped to guarantee your comfort and your security.

Royal Caribbean has arranged the following motor coach program services for your convenience:

Fort Lauderdale and Miami, FL

Our Florida Motor coach Program is provided by Cruise Connection of Florida. For rates, availability and pickup locations, please contact Royal Caribbean Reservations at (800) 327-6700.

Our Florida Motor coach Program serves the following routes:

Bus A

Ocala

Lady Lake

Leesburg

Orlando

Bus B

Daytona

Melbourne

Vero Beach

Ft. Pierce

Bus C

Jacksonville

St. Augustine

Palm Coast

Stuart

West Palm Beach

Bus D

New Port Richey

Clearwater

St. Petersburg

Bradenton

Sarasota

Venice - M

Bus D

Tampa

Sun-city Center

Pt. Charlotte

Ft. Myers

Naples

But now Cruise Connection has closed, website down, won't return messages, etc. http://www.connect2cruise.com/

RCI must have a special arrangement or something?

We used the Cruise Connection motorcoaches for quite a few sailings and were sad to see them close. Pro was it was pretty EZ to let someone else do the driving (plus no parking), but the con was a longer ride because of built in stops to pick up more cruisers holding reservations in a few locations heading down (and dropping off heading back up).

willysgrandma have any recommendation on Daytona to Miami? Our last couple cruises we've driven to Port Canaveral and to Ft Lauderdale and it's no biggie, but it'd be nice to have another option to keep in mind. :)

yes, you are correct that I am looking for a replacement service from Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte or Ft Myers to Port of Miami that used to be serviced by cruise connection. My dad will be cruising with us and age 88, driving to the port is not an option. We are flying from Baltimore the night before we cruise into Ft Lauderdale so if we can't find another way we will drive to Punta Gorda, spend the night and bring him to the ship. Not sure what we will do on the way back.I checked the airfare from Ft Lauderdale to Ft Myers,40 min flight and it was $261!! Cruise critic should post a car pool board!

thanks for the replies, hopefully that new service will take over. I had posted on the Fla departures board about another service, Florida express bus but they sound really bad and I found several reviews saying how unreliable they were.

I live in Cape Coral and was booked on the bus service from Ft Myers to Miami... then came the phone call..."after 25 years were going out of business."

I used Airport Express Limo of Marco Island... door to ship for $240 for all of us.

Great service. If you have a party of three it works out a good deal.

I think he means the "Cruise Connection" bus service that offered same day motorcoach service from various FL cities to the cruise ports, instead of local shuttle service. Well, at least my answer about the "My Cruise Bus" above was based on that anyway. OP if I was wrong, please disregard my info LOL.

Start your cruise experience worry free, while professional transportation companies take care of the driving for you with their convenient cruise transfer service. State of the art motor coaches are fully equipped to guarantee your comfort and your security.

Royal Caribbean has arranged the following motor coach program services for your convenience:

Our Florida Motor coach Program is provided by Cruise Connection of Florida. For rates, availability and pickup locations, please contact Royal Caribbean Reservations at (800) 327-6700.

Bus A

Ocala

Lady Lake

Leesburg

Orlando

Bus B

Daytona

Melbourne

Vero Beach

Ft. Pierce

Bus C

Jacksonville

St. Augustine

Palm Coast

Stuart

West Palm Beach

Bus D

New Port Richey

Clearwater

St. Petersburg

Bradenton

Sarasota

Venice - M

Bus D

Tampa

Sun-city Center

Pt. Charlotte

Ft. Myers

Naples

But now Cruise Connection has closed, website down, won't return messages, etc. http://www.connect2cruise.com/

We used the Cruise Connection motorcoaches for quite a few sailings and were sad to see them close. Pro was it was pretty EZ to let someone else do the driving (plus no parking), but the con was a longer ride because of built in stops to pick up more cruisers holding reservations in a few locations heading down (and dropping off heading back up).

willysgrandma have any recommendation on Daytona to Miami? Our last couple cruises we've driven to Port Canaveral and to Ft Lauderdale and it's no biggie, but it'd be nice to have another option to keep in mind. :)

I believe this might be the one we used years ago, Orlando to FLL. It was very long due to multiple stops. The thing I remember most is our cruise drop off was second (Princess was first). When they took luggage out from under the bus, ours was left on the pier. We were not allowed to get off, so never anticipated such an error. Our luggage went on a Princess cruise, we were on another cruiseline. The luggage was located on day 2 (on Princess) and we reconnected with it at the pier when we returned.

I believe this might be the one we used years ago, Orlando to FLL. It was very long due to multiple stops. The thing I remember most is our cruise drop off was second (Princess was first). When they took luggage out from under the bus, ours was left on the pier. We were not allowed to get off, so never anticipated such an error. Our luggage went on a Princess cruise, we were on another cruiseline. The luggage was located on day 2 (on Princess) and we reconnected with it at the pier when we returned.

OMG! On our trips they also let people and luggage off for other ships before ours and I never thought to watch the luggage. Thanks for this advice - if another motorcoach company opens and we would ever use them, I will now pay attention to that for sure.

Last week my PCC from NCL sent me information on SAS Transportation. Maybe they will be using them for now?

I think I read that SAS is for within the Ft Lauderdale/Miami area only, but I will contact them to make sure. Thanks!

For the rest of Florida, NCL still shows the incorrect Cruise Connection info on their site:

Special rates are available to NCL passengers who have booked a cruise and wish to travel to and/or from one of the NCL homeports by bus.

All rates are subject to availability at the time of the booking.

Miami Sailings Contact:

Cruise Connection - please call 941.379.7900

For more info: http://www.cruise-connection.com

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=Bus

Hey NCL you need to remove this since CC is out of business :rolleyes:

Maybe they'll read this and do just that....

...My dad will be cruising with us and age 88, driving to the port is not an option. We are flying from Baltimore the night before we cruise into Ft Lauderdale so if we can't find another way we will drive to Punta Gorda, spend the night and bring him to the ship. Not sure what we will do on the way back.I checked the airfare from Ft Lauderdale to Ft Myers,40 min flight and it was $261!! Cruise critic should post a car pool board!...

Hopefully, something comes up that will work. An alternate might be for you to flight to Ft Meyers instead of FTL, and drive him to the port. Then drive him back home, and fly home from Ft Myers.

• 3 weeks later...

Bus A

Ocala

Lady Lake

Leesburg

Orlando

Bus B

Daytona

Melbourne

Vero Beach

Ft. Pierce

Bus C

Jacksonville

St. Augustine

Palm Coast

Stuart

West Palm Beach

Bus D

New Port Richey

Clearwater

St. Petersburg

Bradenton

Sarasota

Venice - M

Bus D

Tampa

Sun-city Center

Pt. Charlotte

Ft. Myers

Naples

I just booked a shuttle through Royal Caribbean, but asked them for more information on the bus company. They said the shuttle they use is an Escot bus, website is http://cruiseconnection.travel . I checked the website and you can book transport to other cruise lines by calling them direct.This is NOT the same company that operated as cruiseconnection/connect-to-cruise, but the rates and operating procedures look to be the same. This company is based out of St. Pete.

Archived