Miami Hotel Park'n Cruise

camper49

Can anyone tell me of another motel in Miami other than La Quinta Airport East the allows you to park your car while cruising ? We stayed at La Quinta in Jan. and it was more than ok but looking ahead for our Jan. 2014 cruise it appears that the motel cost has doubled.

Check www.parksleepfly.com or https://secure.stay123.com for hotels offering cruise parking deals.

Comfort Suites Airport North offers free shuttles to the cruise port the next morning. Across the street is a gas station-mart if you need to pick-up soda, water, etc. There are 3-4 dining options nearby. The hotel is not in the most scenic area as it is on the edge of the airport.

Often suggested is the Embassy Suites near MIA - free happy hour :D, big rooms, and wonderful breakfast - but if prices at La Quinta are too high for you I doubt you will find them lower at the ES.

You might explore leaving your car at a hotel near FLL, where hotels tend to be a bit cheaper than comparable places in Miami, and then uses SAS or QLS to shuttle to POM for about $15 per person. Good luck!

:)

It's so much that La Quinta is too expensive ( just seems odd that it is twice the rate) as it worked quite well for us. And will probably stay there again. Just like to explore other options....

Not sure when you cruised before or when you are going again - prices in South FLA vary widely with the tourist season. The room I had last August for $75 goes for $300+ in Feb. :eek:

Another option is to stay somewhere north of Miami cheap (even Orlando and Kissimme near WDW is only a 3.5-4 hour dirve) and then park at POM. Even a couple of hours up I-95 can save you $100 on a reasonable hotel room. Get up early and you can still be on the ship for lunch! :cool:

Good luck! :)

Can anyone tell me of another motel in Miami other than La Quinta Airport East the allows you to park your car while cruising ? We stayed at La Quinta in Jan. and it was more than ok but looking ahead for our Jan. 2014 cruise it appears that the motel cost has doubled.

In addition to the above recommendations, try the Sleep Inn & Suites Miami Airport. They have decent reviews and a shuttle to the port.

There is a small fee for the shuttle but the resonable room rates may offset that. You may have to call the hotel directly to inquire about the park and cruise rates or to see if it is free with a one night's stay like the Sleep Inn FLL airport.

http://www.sleepinnmiamiairport.com/

Good luck to you,

:)

Not sure when you cruised before or when you are going again - prices in South FLA vary widely with the tourist season. The room I had last August for $75 goes for $300+ in Feb. :eek:

Another option is to stay somewhere north of Miami cheap (even Orlando and Kissimme near WDW is only a 3.5-4 hour dirve) and then park at POM. Even a couple of hours up I-95 can save you $100 on a reasonable hotel room. Get up early and you can still be on the ship for lunch! :cool:

Good luck! :)

We cruised in Jan and it will be Jan next year as well.

Archived