Beverage cards on Holland American

youngatheart136

Last fall I was able to purchase a $250 beverage card prior to boarding the Eurodam for a discounted price of $225. This year the card is listed at full price. Last year was my first cruise on HA. Is the discount normal or did I just get lucky?

No, the program changed. The price you paid before was the price then. The price now is higher.

HAL stopped discounting the Beverage Cards about a year ago.

The soda card is the only one that is discounted.

The only advantage to the Beverage cards is that you don't have to keep all those receipts to check against your bill at the end of the cruise.

Wow must have been discounted RIGHT after I bought mine because it was almost EXACTLY a year ago lol!

I rather liked the drink card DH had on our last cruise. While not discounted - it was so much nicer than all those danged pink slips floating all over the place.

agree - and makes for a shorter on board account to check. Our last cruise of 31 days - our statement was 10 pages long - could you imagine how long and complicated it would have been to check if we had not used the beverage cards:eek:

I rather liked the drink card DH had on our last cruise. While not discounted - it was so much nicer than all those danged pink slips floating all over the place.

Maybe they should give up on the blasted receipts every time they charge me a nickle for something and they'd save some money without having to charge us extra!! :D

The only advantage to buying the beverage card is, it's one less thing that's charged to your ships account.

All your drinks are pre paid.

It most certainly is charged to your ship account if you purchase the beverage card on board.

agree - and makes for a shorter on board account to check. Our last cruise of 31 days - our statement was 10 pages long - could you imagine how long and complicated it would have been to check if we had not used the beverage cards:eek:

Can't imagine ... :D (And I liked it because I didn't have to look at all DH's Grolsch bills! )

Archived