We gain so fast eating a big meal or two

Takes weeks to lose.. does that seem fair to you

We have to stay on the straight and narrow each day

Drink our water, exercise and eat the right way

Still enjoy your summer in the sun just eat what is best

So when you get on the scale you'll weigh less

( Guess 4th try got it done.. funny each time wrote something

different as just write what pops in my head ):D

Thanks for your persistence Belle. [emoji846]And good morning!

I'm up another 2 and just about to give up. Up 5 or so in less than a month. I'm working too hard to be going the wrong direction. I've changed up my routine to push myself harder over the last few weeks. But unfortunately it's not paying off.

I hope you all are having more success. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Will check back later.

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Good morning Belle!

@mdaviswv don't give up! Do you track what you are eating?

I'm down 1lb this week. I know need to start working out more, I just need to find the motivation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good Morning,

Hello Belle.

Missy, good loss.

Mike, don't give up. We are cheering for you. I can commiserate with you. Sometimes I lose a couple of lbs. and I have no idea why. Other weeks I look at food and gain 5 bs. Keep at it.

I did stay the same but that means I didn't lose the lb. I gained last week. We went out to dinner a couple of nights ago and lunch yesterday which didn't help. Also having lunch out on Saturday (it's my mom's birthday). Oh my............

Try to even things out like yesterday we had yogurt and fruit for breakfast and salad for dinner.

Hope everyone has a good week.

Will check back to see how others are doing.

Diana

The poems aren't silly by any means - to me they're a weekly touchstone to not totally give in and keep trying. Never stop Belle!

I think me and Mike been drinking from the same well. Try like heck but things just not working out - frustrating beyond frustrating.

The Hawaii visit to my son is the 30th of August - I'm using this month as another goal to try, try, try.

This time I did a spreadsheet that I'm forcing myself to look at, fill out, and study every single day. Since Monday, so far so good. I take a good hard look at my belly every morning and night and remind myself that if I don't stick to the plan, it'll never go away - and probably get worse.

This morning was 199, down 2 from 2 weeks ago. I'm trying for 190 by the 30th. Just got notified of a week long training in Alabama the week before I leave - REALLY??? Already planning for it - bringing as much healthy food stuff as possible, things like that. I'll be fine - the mission is established and my heads in a good place, finally.

Hang tough everyone, thanks for sharing your results, and talk to you soon. See ya'!

Here it comes - weekend...

Super-motivated to tow the line. Big glass of water next to me at 4am (can't seem to sleep much anymore) and a few chores/plans to keep me busy and out of the kitchen today.

I hope everyone else is having a good weekend as well. Hang tough, do your best, get 'er done.

Thanks for the encouragement guys. :) I don't get whats going on. The last few days I've eaten pretty bad due to a bad attitude. Still walking but seem to be losing passion about putting in all the effort since I'm not getting much out of it. We'll see how next weeks weigh in goes, but I don't have high hopes for it. I think I need a cruise while I'm waiting for my next cruise. Guess thats not likely to happen though. Hope you all are having a great weekend.

Mike

Hi everyone. I am up just over 1lb from last week. Been trying to eat healthy and drink lots of water just haven't been motivated to go to the gym.. Heading to Boston tomorrow and going out to dinner with the family at our favorite Brazilian restaurant so I know I am in for some flame broiled goodness... Will watch the carbs but not the protein... Will have to behave but hard as we are in Gloucester to go on a whale watch and fried seafood on Monday and lobster in Kittery Maine .on Tuesday..

Hello All...Having a good weekend I hope.

Losing weight is a mystery.. isn't it? We try so hard,

eat right, don't lose.. eat one thing off plan and we

Gain!.. not fair!

Mike.. Don't give up, we can never give up. I'm such a slow loser,

maintain more than lose but if wasn't watching would be gaining

I know. You've done well, you will again. A cruise always helps

but they want money for one. Darn it!

Missy.. I'm glad you had a loss this week. Motivation to do

exercise is what we all need. Not to many like doing it.

Your losing so that's great.

Diana.. No gain is better than one but know how you

want to get off pound gained. You do good. You never gain

much. Know you'll get off soon. Is the heat getting to you?

shootr.. Thank You.

Good to see you. You had a loss bet you'll get more

off before your trip to Hawaii. A work trip to Alabama can be hard

to eat right for a week but you can do it!!

Rob.. One pound up you can get it off even with trip to

Boston. Beef and Seafood is good but it's just the stuff that goes with it. I think summer makes us all lose our motivation to

exercise.

Me.. Stayed the same or maybe 1/4 pound lost. I think drank

from the well of shootr, Mike and Rob. Not losing, no motivation to exercise and not sleeping. Summer Blues? Or Whatever?

Won't give up, can't, we all can't. Like I said where would we be

if we weren't trying to get healthier and slimmer.

Everyone Smile.. We can do it.. LOSE.. Only thing it won't happen

overnight but we don't want it to take "TWENTY" years either!:p:eek:

Hi Belle,

At least you lost something.

Heat? Oh yes, am getting tired of it. Last week we had a few days of 108, 105.......yuck.

Today only 95...........

Looking forward to September/Fall. Hoping we are more 90ish.....

What can we say about losing weight? So often life gets in the way. We do the best we can.

Hopefully some of us have successes next week.

Diana

Hey guys! I'm late to the thread as my normal weigh ins are on Monday but decided to do it today instead. Haha I'm 2.2 down for the week! 17.6 total since 6/26. I find it really helps to have others to check in with to stay motivated. Glad I found this thread and proud of everyone's loss and determination! Every week will not bring optimal results, but if we stay at it, we will lose! [emoji8]

Hi everyone. I am up just over 1lb from last week. Been trying to eat healthy and drink lots of water just haven't been motivated to go to the gym.. Heading to Boston tomorrow and going out to dinner with the family at our favorite Brazilian restaurant so I know I am in for some flame broiled goodness... Will watch the carbs but not the protein... Will have to behave but hard as we are in Gloucester to go on a whale watch and fried seafood on Monday and lobster in Kittery Maine .on Tuesday..

Soooo hard to "do good" when traveling and going out, but the Brazilian steakhouse sounds wonderful! [emoji7]Make healthy choices when you can and don't beat yourself up when you eat something "bad". We still need to enjoy life while getting healthy! [emoji1363]

Thanks for your persistence Belle. [emoji846]And good morning!

I'm up another 2 and just about to give up. Up 5 or so in less than a month. I'm working too hard to be going the wrong direction. I've changed up my routine to push myself harder over the last few weeks. But unfortunately it's not paying off.

I hope you all are having more success. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Will check back later.

Mike

Don't give up! If you are working out, you can't always judge results by the scale because you are gaining muscle. Do you take measurements? You may be losing inches but not always lbs. [emoji1360]Sometimes your body can get used to a certain diet as well. Maybe switch some things up diet-wise and jump start your metabolism again?

Soooo hard to "do good" when traveling and going out, but the Brazilian steakhouse sounds wonderful! [emoji7]Make healthy choices when you can and don't beat yourself up when you eat something "bad". We still need to enjoy life while getting healthy! [emoji1363]

Oh I am always up for enjoying life.. We had 17 people , friends and family together and it was great.. We visited the JFK presidential library and museum before and then up to Salem Ma to witch city. Stopped for an ice cream too as we have 3of our grands with us for the whale watch tomorrow...Will get back to the gym this week...

Don't give up! If you are working out, you can't always judge results by the scale because you are gaining muscle. Do you take measurements? You may be losing inches but not always lbs. [emoji1360]Sometimes your body can get used to a certain diet as well. Maybe switch some things up diet-wise and jump start your metabolism again?

Nope, never have done measurements. I hope you are right that I'm still ultimately progressing. I have been pretty boring with my diet though and other than the weekends pretty much haven't varied in 3months. I'll continue to make changes and see what happens. Plenty of time til next cruise, but I've set rather large goals so there is no time to slack. Have a great week.

Hi all!

Late checking in but just want to say:

Didn't lose,

didn't gain, that's right folks I stayed the same!:o

It is funny how you sometimes think oh I should be lighter today & you're up, then when you think you're up, you're down!!

I weigh pretty much every day on my Wii so that's where I'm seeing that.

Anyhow I'm going to try to do better. I really would like to weigh what I did before I retired & put on these almost 20 lbs!

Hang in there people, it took years to gain the weight & we know it won't come off as fast as it went on.

~ Jo ~:)

Made it thru the weekend on 1400 calories a day, nothing bad - and went up 1lb. Really?

I know it's just weird who-knows-what that makes the scale do what it does if I measure daily - but it still gives me a headache. Come Thursday all will be right with the world.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk