Free Kennedy Space Center tickets :)

Somewhere on Cruisecritic I read about free tickets to Kennedy Space center. All you do is call your congressman's office and ask them for tickets :) We are sailing in Aug so I called this month to make sure they still had some available. It is a first come first serve basis I read. The congressmen's office are given so many to pass out each month. The girl I spoke with was faxing the info to KSC and when we get there go to will call and get the passes :)

Seriously? Free tickets? Definitely going to check this out with our Congressman. Where do you live? I am sailing in Sept. debating about doing this or Cocoa Beach.

I am in VA but from what I understand its for all states :) If the person you talk to doesn't have a clue ask them to speak to who handles tours and travel for the congressman. OR call Kennedy to find out the detail. I was lucky the girl I spoke with knew who to transfer me to.

You will love this. There is a great IMAX movie about the Hubble telescope and you can ride the shuttle ride. You will also see the pads where the shuttle is launched. Enjoy!

That sounds interesting :) we are science freaks and love those kinds of things !

NASA has an annual allocation of complimentary tickets for Kennedy Space Center for Congress. I don't know if it's per state, per Congressman/Senator or just a set number. It certainly doesn't hurt to contact your congressman and ask about availability, but be aware that there might not be any to give out.

I called my Congressman yesterday about it and they advised me to make an online request so I did. Hopefully I get tickets. Figured putting a request would only help!

hmmm our congressman's office talked to me and called me back after they got the info faxed to KSC.

Can I ask a "not so smart" question? Do we contact OUR congressman or the one for that area?

I believe you contact YOUR congressman from YOUR district - The number of tickets is limited and they do run out. Also, the free tickets may not cover all exhibits/rides at the VIC (Visitors Information Center). I recently went there with an invitation from NASA to view a space shuttle launch. We were given tickets to the VIC which allowed us to view and experience SOME of the exhibits, not all. The place is definitely worth the price of admission.

Now I don't know which is better. Through Tropicana "Juicy Rewards" I got a buy one get one free one day space adventure plus a $20 retail coupon. I wander what the freebie from your congressman gets you, just general admission? There are lots of extras that will cost quite a bit that's included with the Tropicana promotion.

Now I don't know which is better. Through Tropicana "Juicy Rewards" I got a buy one get one free one day space adventure plus a $20 retail coupon. I wander what the freebie from your congressman gets you, just general admission? There are lots of extras that will cost quite a bit that's included with the Tropicana promotion.

That sounds like a really good deal - especially if it gives you access to all exhibits and the bus tour.

I got an email back today saying "I have submitted a request to the Kennedy Space Center office. Back in early April, I submitted a request for another group and was told that they are not yet processing September requests and would contact me with a response once they begin. I will be sure to contact you as soon as I hear back."

Not so sure I am going to count on it. What's this tropicana rewards thing? How does one do that?

Thanks for sharing this information. I don't know how far ahead to contact my congressman, but I've made a note for maybe four months before my cruise (which is a million years away, it seems:mad:).

It was nice of you to think about us.

Kathy

Just got a little more info :) The tickets were confirmed for us for our mid Aug trip. I called 2 weeks ago if that helps with timelines. Next question someone asked me was if the tickets were limited. They are not limited from everything I was read we would be allowed to see. Here are a few examples: IMAX,Bus Tour which runs every 15 min, The museum and something about space station just to name a few I remember her saying :)

The process seems to be the congressmans office has to fill out some type of paper work and fax it to KSC and wait for KSC to send the confirmation of the tour tickets back. I was then sent the email as proof to take with us.

Have a safe Memorial weekend!

I got an email back today saying "I have submitted a request to the Kennedy Space Center office. Back in early April, I submitted a request for another group and was told that they are not yet processing September requests and would contact me with a response once they begin. I will be sure to contact you as soon as I hear back."

Not so sure I am going to count on it. What's this tropicana rewards thing? How does one do that?

You enter codes found on Tropicana Orange Juice cartons to get points. You then redeem the points for discounted Kennedy Space Center tickets (among other items). Go to tropicana.com for details.

Just got a little more info :) The tickets were confirmed for us for our mid Aug trip. I called 2 weeks ago if that helps with timelines. Next question someone asked me was if the tickets were limited. They are not limited from everything I was read we would be allowed to see. Here are a few examples: IMAX,Bus Tour which runs every 15 min, The museum and something about space station just to name a few I remember her saying :)

The process seems to be the congressmans office has to fill out some type of paper work and fax it to KSC and wait for KSC to send the confirmation of the tour tickets back. I was then sent the email as proof to take with us.

Have a safe Memorial weekend!

That's very cool that you have gotten such great service through your congressman's office. You've also provided some very valuable information. Enjoy KSC.

That's very cool that you have gotten such great service through your congressman's office. You've also provided some very valuable information. Enjoy KSC.

You're welcome hope you can get tickets too!!!

Archived