How was Mariners Caribbean?

nancystn

I would love to hear from cruisers on QM2 who have sailed from NYC to Caribbean. We sail 3/25 and haven't read anything recent from QM2 travelers. I'm sure it will be wonderful, but we are looking for any helpful hints or suggestions. Two of our 3 couples have some mobility problems, so one is getting a scooter for the ship. Thanks in advance for any responses!

I think a scooter is a good idea, the distances can seem daunting to someone with mobility issues. It also helps to have the deck plan guides from the brochure, as they are more informative about steps and little lifts from one floor to another.

Also, if one wants/needs wheelchair disembarkation assist in NYC, this must be scheduled ahead of time, I believe at the Purser's Office.

Jane in PHL

Please email me any info you feel will be of help. Two of our party are handicapped, 1 with a wheelchair and 1 with a cane. My husband is a heart patient, and I try to keep our travel as stress free as possible.

I am from nyc and e mail if you want the real story and not from ta

s doing their best to sell the next one LOL

not so sure:)

Why not just post a short review about your experience? That's what these boards are for. We like to hear all opinions, good and bad.:) :mad:

Thanks,

Chuck

I would love to hear from cruisers on QM2 who have sailed from NYC to Caribbean. We sail 3/25 and haven't read anything recent from QM2 travelers. I'm sure it will be wonderful, but we are looking for any helpful hints or suggestions. Two of our 3 couples have some mobility problems, so one is getting a scooter for the ship. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Just back from March 17th sailing. There were quite a few scooters and wheelchairs aboard. It is a long ship. I'm mobile so I really didn't see anyone having a problem. There are ramps and lifts to get all over the ship. However, when you tender in they say that they cannot accommodate wheelchairs in the boats. We tendered in to St. Thomas and St. Marrten. We docked at St. Kitts.

Just back from March 17th sailing. There were quite a few scooters and wheelchairs aboard. It is a long ship. I'm mobile so I really didn't see anyone having a problem. There are ramps and lifts to get all over the ship. However, when you tender in they say that they cannot accommodate wheelchairs in the boats. We tendered in to St. Thomas and St. Marrten. We docked at St. Kitts.

THAT IS INTERESTING BECAUSE MY PROGRAM SAY WE WILL TENDER IN ST KITTS. THANX FOR THE INFO JIM

We didn't go to any of the balls. If you have 2nd seating and you go to the show there is only about 30 minutes left of the ball. They start at 10:00 and go to about midnight. They had a Black and White and a Pirates but we don't know what went on with either one.

Archived