Last minut questions

mac37

Hi I am Trudy

We are hopefully sailing on the Pacific Star leaving on Wednesday. if they get it fixed in time, will be so disappointed if they don't, it is our first cruise.....

Q. Other than formal nights, what sort of apparel do the ladies tend to wear, I don't want to appear too dressy. I have packed and unpacked!! Can anyone help me with this question?

Love reading your comments, some are hilarious!!

I suspect the other cruises will be getting filled with all the cancellations that have been going on lately. :confused:

Regards

Trudy

I take a couple of skirts and tops. If not to hot and sweaty I will just wear the tshirt I have had on during the day and then put on a skirt and heels.

I think pretty much the only thing you couldn't wear is casual shorts and tank tops. I have worn jeans and shirts but that is first/last day.

Hi Trudy,

So hope you get to cruise on Wednesday.

I am a bit of a girly girl so like to take any chance I can to fluff up, and almost always dress for dinner. Don't get much of a chance at home as I wear a very blokey uniform for work, so make the most of it when I can.

Have never felt over dressed at dinner.

Maybe different story when Chez and I bring out the bridesmaid/wedding dresses (see avatar) for formal night though:D

Hey- I don't have much experience (only 1 cruise) but I found my 3/4 black capri pants indispensible!

Team them with heels and top and your ready for the non formal night.

I also took a few different accessories such as beads/earrings and that was enough to transform two different tops for most nights (yes I did wash!)

I like to keep it simple...but other people really dressed up, just avoid shorts, denim and thongs (the foot type! I don't think they check for the bottom type!)

Also don't panic too much about any "dress up" nights some people went all out and looked fantastic, other people just added a small accessory to get a feel for the theme and other people did nothing at all...but everyone seemed to have fun!

I hope your cruise goes ahead as there's nothing that quite compares to your first time:D

bon voyage

Hi Trudy!

Please DO NOT STRESS about this whole cruise fashion thing. Believe me, it is much less important on the ship than some people want you to think.

Capris, if that's your style, will take you pretty much anywhere except formal night. A nice shirt and some wedges, and you're in business. You can dress it up even more with some sparkly jewelry, but that's up to you.

Like Carlz, I found my black capris to be the essential wardrobe item for evening, and I'll add to the list: black Bermuda shorts for day. Both go with anything, they don't show dirt, and they can be dressed up or down.

I sure hope your cruise works out! Let us know.

Thanks everyone, you are all wonderful...it won't be my first time, but the cruise will be!!

Keep your fingers crossed for us on Wednesday, it isn't even back in Brisbane yet, so its a bit tight to get it fixed. Can't understand how it normally takes 2days to get back, and its taking three days on this trip. I think the staff are having a holiday themselves!!

Will tell you all about it on our return.

regards to you all.

Trudy :)

Hi Trudy,

The other ladies are right- black capri pants are great. I also read a review a few weeks ago where someone said the lounges were a bit chilly at night with the air conditioning, so maybe take a cardigan as well, just in case. Have a great time and best wishes, Pink Poodle :)

Being a first timer too I've been eagerly reading these boards for a few months now. In the first couple of days I read that a few of the ladies highly recommended a "pashmina"...not wanting to be a "newbie" (I don't mind the term:) ) as well as apparently really behind in my fashion sense as well !! I didn't ask. (should have googled it :o ) Having recently been on holiday to beautiful Cairns I was mooching around a little frock shop next to the pier and behold !....a hand made PASHMINA....unfortunately they wanted $390 for it so it stayed in Cairns but it looked like a fabulous idea !! Basically, a light shawl ?

Thanks ladies,

I got something like a "pashmina" in Paris, a couple of years ago, when we went back home to visit UK. Sounds like a good idea.

Thanks again to all.

Kind regards,

Trudy.

I took a candy pink shawl with me on my cruise and it was fantastic as it folded flat, still looked ok if crinkled a bit (right type of light fabric essential) and it really dressed up my plain black outfits.

Standing on deck, under a full moon with my shawl and DH close by I really did think I was on the love boat....:D

they sell the "pashmina" on board for around $10 along with watches , bags etc. The shop is the same as the one at the airport. they have been on all our cruises.

Now i am wondering if it was $20A or $10us maybe someone else can confirm but a great price anyway.

i am still wearing my watch from two years ago and still going ok.

Archived