Drink Vouchers

pizzaprncss

Wanting to purchase drink vouchers in order to prepay as much as possible. Do they mail these to your home or do you have to pick them up when you board the ship? If you have to pick them up where do you do that?

Thanks for your help.

Instead of buying drink coupons, you can call and have money put on your Sign and Sail account. It takes a few days to be posted to your account, but at least you can check if its there before you board. I put $500 on my upcoming cruise so I wouldn't have to carry so much cash.

Instead of buying drink coupons, you can call and have money put on your Sign and Sail account. It takes a few days to be posted to your account, but at least you can check if its there before you board. I put $500 on my upcoming cruise so I wouldn't have to carry so much cash.

We like using the drink coupons, and soda coupons to regulate the amount of drinks we drink, (we don't drink much) but it makes you think before you order a drink, a little, ours have always been delivered to the MDR the first night, but that is only with set dining time. If anytime dining it is in your room.

We plan on using them for grandson on next cruise, that way he knows how many he can have for the week, and it is up to him when he drinks them, we get the one at dinner, and charge it, but the rest of the day, it is his choise, but he can not go hog wild like you can with a drink card.

we were on the Glory last week. We had anytime dining and they were deliver to our table during dinner the first night. When you check in with the hostess for dinner they ask your cabin number. That also must alert them that you have vouchers that need to be delivered. Also, with these coupons, the beers are a little cheaper. 1 coupon for 1 beer. saves a buck or 2.

I have gotten drink coupons 21 times and always get them 1st nights dinner. The only time that I had some waiting in my cabin was when we received a honeymoon package from my mother and 1 card of of drink tickets came in the package.

When you call BV they tell you that your drink coupons will be delivered at dinner. If you want the early you can stop by the maitre d's desk when the dinning room opens and they have them in their drawer.

What are the benefits beside the fact that they are prepaid. No gratuity?

I was wondering the same. I see on Carnivals site that a pack of 4 costs $23, so $5.75 per drink, but the ticket also says that it is only good for any drink UP TO...... $5.75. It does say that includes gratuity, so I'm guessing thats where the savings is? But only if you use it on a drink that costs exactly $5.75, if we used it on a $4.95 beer for example, the savings would be absolutely nothing.

if a drink cost more then the coupon you will be asked for your sign and sail card and charged the difference.

I use to love drink coupons- well worth the money.

TOday-not so much- I get a 25.00 gift certificate and not have to worry about the math.

if a drink cost more then the coupon you will be asked for your sign and sail card and charged the difference.

I use to love drink coupons- well worth the money.

TOday-not so much- I get a 25.00 gift certificate and not have to worry about the math.

So do you know if you then pay gratuity on the entire drink price, or just the price difference? Anyone know what DOD (or just a basic rum & coke, vodka tonic) prices are these days? If its $5.75 that would make sense to me to buy the coupons.:)

So do you know if you then pay gratuity on the entire drink price, or just the price difference? Anyone know what DOD (or just a basic rum & coke, vodka tonic) prices are these days? If its $5.75 that would make sense to me to buy the coupons.:)

I think a rum and coke is 5.75 and the coupon does include the tip.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

DOD is 7.25 plus grat

When we last bought them, they were face value $5.25 each. When it came time to use them, the then-current tickets were being sold for $5.75 value. They accepted our older tickets for the higher amount. WINNING!

Great question about the gratuity! Hopefully somebody can answer this.

So I am understanding that they would cover a basic mixed drink, a beer would be less than the coupon price and therefore you would be wasting a coupon and the DOD would cost you a couple of bucks beyond what the voucher would cover.

When we last bought them, they were face value $5.25 each. When it came time to use them, the then-current tickets were being sold for $5.75 value. They accepted our older tickets for the higher amount. WINNING!

WOW!! Great way to lock in todays prices on future sailings, very interesting..

I wouldn't recommend buying drink vouchers. The few cents savings is not worth it. For some reason(illness, seasick, exhaustion, ect) you are unable or don't feel like drinking, you won't get any money back. On our MSC cruise we bought wine, beer, mix drink packages, and ended up playing catch-up the last day. We even had a few left over. Save your money and buy as you go.

I wouldn't recommend buying drink vouchers. The few cents savings is not worth it. For some reason(illness, seasick, exhaustion, ect) you are unable or don't feel like drinking, you won't get any money back. On our MSC cruise we bought wine, beer, mix drink packages, and ended up playing catch-up the last day. We even had a few left over. Save your money and buy as you go.

I see, so it sounds like if you dont use all the coupons they are not good on your next cruise? Guess that WOULD be too good to be true :)

I see, so it sounds like if you dont use all the coupons they are not good on your next cruise?
Incorrect. You may certainly use them on a subsequent cruise.

Incorrect. You may certainly use them on a subsequent cruise.

Awesome!! So I dont see a disadvantage (unless someone might not cruise carnival again) Hubby & I (more so hubby, hehe) are big drinkers on vaycay & probably approach 80 to 100 drinks total on a 7 or 8 night cruise. At a savings of almost $1 a drink (and thats only if the prices dont go up) I think maybe its worth it to pre purchase the coupons

Can these coupons be used in the dining room, or are they only for the bar? I'm OK with bringing in a drink from the bar;) I am going to check out soda coupons too. I didn't see them in BV but I really like that idea vs. the unlimited soda cards. My kids don't drink enough soda to justify a soda card (although they might if they can have as many as they want).

Ok I may be wrong but someone on here had said once that if you don't get the special glass that a special drinks9kiss on the lips for example) are like 1-2 dallors cheaper (closer to the 5.75 mark). If thats the case then the coupons would work on those if you do a refill on your first glass or ask to be served in a regular glass ?

Could this work ?

Sarah

Can these coupons be used in the dining room, or are they only for the bar? I'm OK with bringing in a drink from the bar;) I am going to check out soda coupons too. I didn't see them in BV but I really like that idea vs. the unlimited soda cards. My kids don't drink enough soda to justify a soda card (although they might if they can have as many as they want).

soda coupons are for one whole can of soda for each coupon. There is no savings there at all. Can soda is like 2.00 (plus change)

You can use them all over the ship- including the dining room.

Yes, even the traveling waiters or waiters in the show lounge will take your coupon.

Re-fills are 6.75 plus gratuity.

(now for you- the coupons will work great for the non alcoholic virgin drinks like pina coladas--which sell for 4.95 plus gratutity

The best deal on these drink cards is when I got a bunch of them for our first cruise in 2000 when they sold 4 for 15.00 and I just finished up the lot of them on our cruise last year. There is no expiration date on them so yes you can use them for the next cruise-- put them where you will not forget them on the next cruise

Archived