Family Cruise...Need Suggestions

DScroggy5

We are taking a family cruise to Cozumel and Progreso January 21st.

We have a 9yo boy and our girl will be 21 months when we sail.

We are looking for something cheap to do when we get to Cozumel and Progreso.

Do they do bus tours? If so, how much are they? How do you book it?

Basicly, we want to get off the boat, take a tour, and get back on the boat. We might want to stop at ONE store and buy a souvenier(sp?).

We are not necessarily interested in beaches.

I am pretty sure this has been asked before, but thanks for any help you can provide.

~DScroggy4

(LaToya)

• 1 month later...

We will be in Progreso in Dec. Can you get a cheaper tour to Chichen Itza locally or is it better to book beforehand? Any suggestions what company to use? The time we have there is limited. 7:30-4. Is that enough time to see the ruins? Thank you

We will be in Progreso in Dec. Can you get a cheaper tour to Chichen Itza locally or is it better to book beforehand? Any suggestions what company to use? The time we have there is limited. 7:30-4. Is that enough time to see the ruins? Thank you

pricing generally is.based in how many you are

and each company have different rate for.the same

but in land there are local operator that offer a qualifed service as well

I believe you have enough time for considering the distance between progreso and.chichen itza

options uxmal dzibilchaltun merida

i would give a contact but is only in.response to a request......ask it jajaja

check my other comment and you find.it

good luck

Chichen Itza is too far IMHO - save it for another time. It's at least two hours drive - with no stops - there and the same back. You might have 2 hours tops at the ruins. A bit rushed. Also there are thousands of tourists from Cancun pouring in after 10 AM which makes the place super crowded. Plus everything is roped off.

Uxmal is closer by about 30 minutes either way and there are a gazillion things to see and stops to make, that will break up the drive on the way making it a much better alternative. No people from Cancun. No ropes on a lot of the buildings so you can walk around them, through the jungle etc. Very cool.

I agree, we used Autoprogreso. We went in a van with only my family of 3 and another older gentleman. At the ruins, our guide gave us a short tour and then she let us go off on our own. It was great, we were able to climb up on some ruins and its really beautiful but kinda scary to be up high. I highly recommend Uxmal

Archived