Krystal in PV?

foxfox08777

I'm gettig mixed ideas about the Krystal in PV going through these threads. I am going on the Splendor in Oct. I've heard you can pay $20 or something around that and use their facilities, which includes alcohol and private beach? If anyone knows the specifics of this resort I would love to know more. I have also heard a little more about the Dream resort, but I would prefer Krystal if it is closer. I basically want a place where we can play at the beach, have some drinks, maybe lunch too and then head back to the ship. I have been to PV before but just stuck to the terminal, I have plans for Cabo, and I want to wrap up the MR with an awesome PV experience. Any info would be helpful, but current is mostly what I am looking for, someone who has been recently. Thanks guys!

Well we went there 18 months ago, looked around and left.

1. The beach isnt really a beach. It was very little and rocky and no one was on it other then to walk by. If you are looking for a beach, this isnt the place.

2. When we went it was VERY VERY busy. Almost every lounger was taken and the pool was overloaded with kids and families. If that doesnt bother you then you then you might have a good time.

3. It looked like it had seen its better day, it wasnt a dump at all but its not new by any means.

I personally wouldnt go back (considering we stayed for all of about a half hour.)

Its main draw to cruisers is it is a stones throw from the pier, but other then that i dont get why anyone would want to go there.

Thats just me, others might feel differntly.

Why not take a cab to old Town (PLaya los Muertes) or the blue/white citybus.

You will find various nice restaurants with beachchairs right on the beach with good food.

I've only heard good things about the Krystal, so that's why I wanted to know if there was any negative. In cabo we aren't really doing any beach stuff, we will snorkel but I am intersted in sitting on a beach with a nice cerveza :) My little sister who is 15, and my mom will also be with me. We will be in PV for a long time, I think around 12 hrs and we don't have to be back on the ship until 9 pm. So if anyone knows anything else fun that would be helpful too, the ships excursions haven't caught my interest.

Ine above has a great idea. It is exactly what we did after we left Krystal. We took a cab to the Malecon and walked the length of it and looked around, took some pictures and bought a few trinkets and trash. Then walked down the beach and found a nice place on the beach with good food and beers and relaxed on the beach, swam a little, and called it a day. It was a good day, and pretty cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the Krystal resort. I have gotten several massages there. Last October we got massages and then used the pool and bought drinks. They have servers that come around. The beach does have vendors thst come around but the beach area was nice. And it is right by the pier so we just walk there. They have done a lot of new construction and it looks nice.

We were at Krystal a few weeks ago and it was DEAD. There were maybe 10 people in the pool/out by the beach. We got in free by showing our S&S cards. I was able to order a couple of drinks and eat at the buffet without paying anything. I only saw one group of a few guys peddling henna tattoos on the beach. It wasn't nearly as bad as Cabo when it comes to street/beach vendors.

I've only heard good things about the Krystal, so that's why I wanted to know if there was any negative. In cabo we aren't really doing any beach stuff, we will snorkel but I am intersted in sitting on a beach with a nice cerveza :) My little sister who is 15, and my mom will also be with me. We will be in PV for a long time, I think around 12 hrs and we don't have to be back on the ship until 9 pm. So if anyone knows anything else fun that would be helpful too, the ships excursions haven't caught my interest.

IMHO, the beach scene is Cabo is much better than PV. However, I enjoy a louder, more festive atmosphere while at the beach. We did the zip line tour in PV through Los Veranos. If that's your style, I highly recommend it.

I have been to Krystals 3 times. First time it was fabulous. That was in 2009 (before all the construction). see pic

2401871630040669306S200x200Q85.jpg

I went again this February and again in April. Due to new construction of buildings, their pool has practically disappeared and the noise is horrible. The good thing is you can use their facilities (free). We bought lunch there in February and gotta say it is the worst burger we have ever eaten. Don't waste your money there on lunch. The beach is not private. They have some loungers outside the pool area that you can use but the beach is a public beach and there are vendors that walk up & down constantly trying their best to sell their goods. Here are my pics from May 3rd 2012.

2879625170040669306S200x200Q85.jpg2823907080040669306S200x200Q85.jpg

the beach 2782596980040669306S200x200Q85.jpg2187009510040669306S200x200Q85.jpg

If you are just looking for a place to use lounge chair along the beach & hang out on the beach, you can use their beach chairs seen in the pictures above and swim in the ocean and no purchase is required (at least not for us). To go up the stairs & use their pool etc, I think it is appropriate to buy drinks from the waiter that comes around. There are like 5 restaurants there and we only used the one by the pool which was a complete waste of money.

• 1 month later...

We were there in August 2010 and had a great time. We didn't go down to the beach, but used the pools after our massages and pedicures. I agree that it wasn't run down but certainly wasn't new at that time. I felt the massages were very reasonably priced and really fantastic. Would do it again in a heatbeat. :D

Thanks for all of the suggestions, it's getting closer and I can't wait! I might take up the taxi suggestion and head to playa los muertes, that seems like what I was looking for.

Be sure to let us know where you end up going and how it was :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived