Tortuga Rum Cakes in Nassau???

karebear50

Does anyone know if you can buy Tortuga rum cakes anywhere in Nassau?? I know they sell them on lots of the islands and I'd really like to buy some on my upcoming cruise but not sure if they sell them in Nassau. PLEASE HELP!

I dont know if they have them on that Island. THought it was a specialty on Grand CAyman. But I have seen them on the ships. You can also buy them offline. go to google and search for tortuga rum cakes. Good luck

The Tortuga Rum Company has a web site, wherein you are able to purchase from them via the internet. I have done this with their rum and vanilla flavored coffee. As the above post indicated, go to Google search engine - - - :p

And I don't recall seeing Tortuga in Nassau at all.

In my opinion, the rum-cake to end all rum cakes is BACARDI RUM CAKE.

It comes in tins, in original flavour and Pina Colada - both superb.

They are quite pricy at $15 US per cake. But heck I'd pay $100 for one.

Unlike other rum cakes, Bacardi ones are practically "drenched" in rum, the bottom half is visibly soaked. However the rum taste does not overpower, but instead it goes wonderfully with the sweet cake and walnut topping.

It's incredibly tasty, and surprisingly potent.

And there's only 1 place I know where to get these cakes.

Yup - Nassau.

I highly recommend getting as much as you possibly can.

Most gift/souvenir ships close to the pier sell them. If you stray slightly further from the pier, you can get them a little cheaper at around $14.

Here's the website of the Bahamas Rumcake Factory. We walked from our ship over to the Atlantis and stopped at it along the way. (Walking that far isn't recommended. We took a cab back.) I think their rumcakes were as good as the Tortuga ones. It's hard, though, for any of them to be as good as what my mother makes. Here's a recipe similar to hers.

Thank you everyone for all the help. Speechless...we're gonna try your recomendation. It sounds delicious! And thanks for the recipe Geoherb. I'm pretty lazy when it comes to cooking though, maybe I could just pay your mother to make me one. :)

Archived