beach near pier

blondie1234

There are no beaches you can walk to from the ship. You can either take a short taxi ride to Blue Bay resort or Cabana Beach (about $20 per cab ride), rent a car and go to prettier beaches (Cas Abao, Knip, Porto Marie) or take a local bus ($2) to Cabana/Mambo/Seaquarium beach.

Downtown area is mostly shopping, the floating market, architectural gems, synagogue.

i heard that if you get off the ship and go straight to main street and then take a left and walk like 3 or 4 blocks there is a beach there called holiday beach that you can go to. has anyone ever gone there? if yes how was it and what was the cost? thank you

There are no beaches you can walk to from the ship. You can either take a short taxi ride to Blue Bay resort or Cabana Beach (about $20 per cab ride), rent a car and go to prettier beaches (Cas Abao, Knip, Porto Marie) or take a local bus ($2) to Cabana/Mambo/Seaquarium beach.

Downtown area is mostly shopping, the floating market, architectural gems, synagogue.

Where do you catch the local bus to see aquarium beach? How long is the bus ride? Thank! Did you like seaquarium?

Where do you catch the local bus to see aquarium beach? How long is the bus ride? Thank! Did you like seaquarium?

To get to the bus depot taking you to Seaquarium beach you need to walk through Riffort Village, cross the Pontoon Bridge, take a left and keep walking along the water side. You will pass the floating market. After the floating market you will see a big round building - that is the regular market. Behind this market you will find the bus stop. Just ask at the kiosk - many small vans going to Seaquarium beach.

The ride will take about 15- 20 minutes.

I like Seaquarium beach on weekdays (I live on Curacao). For serious beaching I prefer Cas Abao beach.

i heard that if you get off the ship and go straight to main street and then take a left and walk like 3 or 4 blocks there is a beach there called holiday beach that you can go to. has anyone ever gone there? if yes how was it and what was the cost? thank you

This is an option, but not a very attractive one.

The walk to Holiday Beach hotel is not very safe and will take you about 20 - 30 minutes. The beach is very rocky. There are so many other nice attractions on Curacao to consider...

I've never been to Curacoa, so can you please let me know what you mean by not very safe? Thanks!

The road from the Mega Pier to Holiday Beach hotel is a VERY busy road where cars drive fairly fast. Also, there have been incidents where items (cameras, jewelry, etc) have been snatched from walkers on that very same road. Again, I wouldn't recommend it.

If you wish to walk, walk in the downtown area, visit the Kura Hulanda museum, etc. If you wish to go to the beach - get a taxi or a local bus. Don't attempt to go on foot.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived