Alaska info/spirit 7/24--help

We are going on the Spirit on July 24th to Alaska. We are so very excited and have started reading books on alaska already.

I know nothing about anything when it comes to alaska!!!

Some of my questions are:

1. In July when they say rainy do they mean drizzly or downpours?? Do we need rain pants or just raincoats?

2. Some tours mention bringing cold weather wear--which portion of the tours are the colder parts and how cold can it get on those portions.

3. How difficult are the level 3 trips compared to level 2. My husband and I are in our 40's and fine with walking a couple of miles-but mainly if Starbucks is the destination.

4. We are in Skagway, Juneau, Ketchikan, prince rupert. When it comes to tour selection, which is the best place for glacier walking/whale watching/helicoptor tours(although i am afaid of heights).

Thank you thank you thank you...

I am on the Spirit on 5/15, and I will have a lot of information when I come back. You might want to check the Alaska Forum under the Ports of Call. I have learned a great deal from the individuals there.

Till we sail on the Norwegian Spirit \Leo

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;5;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I've cruised Alaska four times, and am about to book my fifth. I don't have time right now to post a whole Alaska critique, but I have one written if you'll email me. KathyHKidd@aol.com is my screen name.

In Alaska, "rain" means rain. The port cities are in a rainforest. If you can't have fun in the rain, go elsewhere!

Archived