Funny Stories

cruisingnewb

I am in a mood for humor and can't find a thread about funny stories on Carnival Cruise ships. So I thought I would start one. I'll share a somewhat funny one to get the ball rolling.

My DH loves his sandals. Being raised in Oklahoma he wears sandals every chance he gets (picture 6 inches of snow on the ground and he's wearing what? Sandals! :eek: ) Anyways formal night on our Febuary cruise on Ectasy last year my DH is dressed in his slacks, nice blue shirt, tie, and.... his brown leather sandals. After dinner i'm dragging him around to get pictures done. We stop at the staircase and the photographer is very flamboyant. We get situated on the stairs and the photographer gives my DH a once over saying something along lines of "Well aren't you dressed handsom..." he stops at my DH's feet and continues like a diva with an attitude, shaking of the head, snapping of the fingers and says "Except for those SHOES! WHAT-WERE-YOU-THINK-ING!?" We quickly took off after he snapped the picture. DH didn't find it too funny but I couldn't keep from stifling a giggle. The picture turned out great and my DH is still wearing sandals... :D

The first time my husband and I sailed we thought it was so nice to be handed a big fancy drink when we arrived on deck. We were mesmerized by the huge ship and just wanted to keep walking. Neither of us could understand why they were asking for our room key. We learned our lesson after we paid $20 for 2 drinks we really didn't even want! LOL

The first time my husband and I sailed we thought it was so nice to be handed a big fancy drink when we arrived on deck. We were mesmerized by the huge ship and just wanted to keep walking. Neither of us could understand why they were asking for our room key. We learned our lesson after we paid $20 for 2 drinks we really didn't even want! LOL

LOL, I WANTED one of the fancy drinks in the souvenier glass when we boarded but couldn't find anyone handing them out!

I still find it funny. On the last night of a family cruise the 3 of us were rushing to get luggage outside our door before the deadline. When we were done, I opened a drawer and found several items we'd overlooked. I rushed out into the hallway and luckily there were still suitcases every where. I picked one of ours that didn't looked quite as crammed full, unzipped a pocket in the front, stuffed in the brand new items I'd found. I made note that I'd put the stuff in our suitcase with neon green ribbon on it. When we got home, I asked my adult DD if she'd gotten my stuff out of the suitcase with the neon green ribbon on the handle. ..... turns out none of our suitcases had green neon ribbon. In my haste, I'd put the stuff in our "neighbor's" suitcase !!! Still wonder what they thought when they found my book,slippers and shorts when they unpacked !!!:eek:

I still find it funny. On the last night of a family cruise the 3 of us were rushing to get luggage outside our door before the deadline. When we were done, I opened a drawer and found several items we'd overlooked. I rushed out into the hallway and luckily there were still suitcases every where. I picked one of ours that didn't looked quite as crammed full, unzipped a pocket in the front, stuffed in the brand new items I'd found. I made note that I'd put the stuff in our suitcase with neon green ribbon on it. When we got home, I asked my adult DD if she'd gotten my stuff out of the suitcase with the neon green ribbon on the handle. ..... turns out none of our suitcases had green neon ribbon. In my haste, I'd put the stuff in our "neighbor's" suitcase !!! Still wonder what they thought when they found my book,slippers and shorts when they unpacked !!!:eek:

Just think of what chaos this could have caused if it had been feminine things stuck into a man's suitcase who had supposedly sailed solo!!!!!!!

I think its funny. I was thinking the other day, We are going Sept 1st and I dont want to pack dress shoes for one night. I might try to get away with the sandals idea too.

Just get some sparkly ones...If you have a long dress (to the floor) you can wear just about anything on your feet. I used a pair of sparkly flip flops once. who would know?

My first cruise ever was 1000 miles from home San Diego

I had been planning and saving for this girls cruise for 3 years (Mom, Sister, Daughter, and Niece)

My sister had told me all about cruising, and how the ships are so big, you may never see the same people twice...

So we are waiting in this big Hot plastic bubble to board, having fun goofing off

and I see people I think I know?

So now thinking, I have to get a closer look my sister says, "You don't them, get back here!"

So I keep thinking if we get on the ship I might never see them again to find out...

So I get closer, and sure enough they are from my church,

but I do not know their names (new church start)

so I text my Pastor to get their names...

He does the LOL thing and says, "Remember last Friday when I took that call?

That was them calling to see if you were on their cruise

and wanted to know if I would rat them out if they did anything silly..."

I told him, That was my thought about them being on my cruise.

I was in a roll call group where someone had made up pins for everyone that said

"What happens on a Cruise Ship Stays on the Cruise Ship"

As they walked by, they with their DODs and me with mine

I gave them the pin...

Later the Husband took 2nd place in the Hairy Chest Contest, and I had photo evidence.

Needless to say, after the hairy chest contest we both were on safe ground...

I saw them everywhere on that ship.

We all had a blast on that cruise, and it is still my "Best Cruise Ever"

and no one did anything that we couldn't tell our friends at church.

Even that silly Hairy Chest thing... (His family told, not me)

Which is not all that fun unless you know someone in it.

But to each their own.

This happened to us too!

My DH loves his sandals. Being raised in Oklahoma he wears sandals every chance he gets (picture 6 inches of snow on the ground and he's wearing what? Sandals! :eek: ) Anyways formal night on our Febuary cruise on Ectasy last year my DH is dressed in his slacks, nice blue shirt, tie, and.... his brown leather sandals.

I live in Tucson, AZ and wear sandals ALL year round. I wear my clunky Aravon Katy sandals everywhere. I've always had a dressy pair of sandals for formal nights (read uncomfortable). On my last cruise, I decided I was way too old to put up with uncomfortable shoes, even for a formal night. I found a very dressy shoe clip and clipped it on to my sandals. lol I'm never wearing uncomfortable shoes again. lol

Pamela

(Tucson, AZ)

We had our first cruise on the Pride in March, it was our honeymoon. My husband is a firefighter and I work in a financial institution, and I had gotten some cash for us to carry while on the cruise. While waiting in line to board the ship the drug dogs were going around, and I told my husband jokingly, "Oh look, what a pretty dog! I wish I could pet it!" I am an animal lover, and we have a dog of our own at home and I was already missing her. Well, the drug dog kept sniffing at my bag, and guess what? We got pulled into the US Customs office to be searched and questioned. It was so embarassing! They finally decided it was the money that had triggered the dog, and they were so nice about it, but it was mortifying to have to follow the drug dog and security past all the fellow passengers to the office.

To make it even more funny, when we got back to port from the cruise and were handing in our customs slips, the gentleman at the desk recognized us and made a joke about it. Ugh. I didn't think anyone would remember, I mean, how many faces do they see in a week?

That is very funny, makes you wonder if anyone is going around taking things out of suitcases?

I had something of someone elses from a group cruise once,

and couldn't find them at their Cabin that last night,

so I shoved it into a side pocket of one of their bags.

I felt funny the whole time,

and I was putting something of theirs into their bag.

I think its funny. I was thinking the other day, We are going Sept 1st and I dont want to pack dress shoes for one night. I might try to get away with the sandals idea too.

Since I am going to be on your cruise I am giving you my approval to wear sandals. If there wasn't a rule against it I might go barefooted.

That's something that really irks me about Carnival, that they take advantage of first time cruisers who don't know any better about the drinks when they first get onboard. I would not have found this amusing one bit.

That's something that really irks me about Carnival, that they take advantage of first time cruisers who don't know any better about the drinks when they first get onboard. I would not have found this amusing one bit.

Last few cruises I've been on there has been a sign on their tray that has the price of the drink~ I think a lot of people got caught by that and complained about it~

Last few cruises I've been on there has been a sign on their tray that has the price of the drink~ I think a lot of people got caught by that and complained about it~

And the other lines do the same....

I just got off the Pride this morning and a funny (and sort of creepy) story from our cruise was that my daughter and I took a wrong turn off the elevator on our last day of the cruise. We ended up going down the wrong hallway. Out of nowhere a steward appeared (not our steward, but one of the others) and said ... " NO NO you two go wrong way...your room 6220 on other side". Keep in mind we had never seen this guy before, yet he knew where our room was.

One of the hairy guys in our group cruise entered the hairy chest contest (and should have won).

The instructions to the judges were to put a medal on the guys who would be eliminated in the 1st round. But one of the lady judges couldn't grasp the instructions and thought the medals were to go on the more hairy guys, and of course put one on our friend, knocking him out of the competition.

She subsequently figured it out and apologized, but it was funny because he was so serious about winning

I just got off the Pride this morning and a funny (and sort of creepy) story from our cruise was that my daughter and I took a wrong turn off the elevator on our last day of the cruise. We ended up going down the wrong hallway. Out of nowhere a steward appeared (not our steward, but one of the others) and said ... " NO NO you two go wrong way...your room 6220 on other side". Keep in mind we had never seen this guy before, yet he knew where our room was.

You will always be left wondering how he knew this. Why didn't you just ask?

On the last night of our first cruise a young dating couple from our dining table stopped by our room -- it was their first cruise too and they were just the cutest couple -- NYU medical students. When they saw our bed one of them said to the other "look they have one big bed!" All week they had slept with their beds apart not knowing they could move them! LOL

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

on a cruise 4 years ago on the Spirit, my husband and I and our friends got balcony cabins side by side. we decided to have them open the balcony because we thought it would make one big balcony......WRONG. Our side had the wall in front of us and we couldn't see the ocean! So my Husband goes to the front desk and tells them "my wife is p*ssed over the balcony" Well, they came up there and steam cleaned our balcony because they thought I had p*ssed on it!!!!! :eek:

Archived