Century rooms that hold 4 people

tromvest

It is difficult to house 4 people in either a NS or SS. I have had my family of 4 in a SS on the Galaxy but that was with 2 small kids sharing the sofabed which was very do-able. Otherwise it is very tough to get a rollaway into either suite to accommodate the 4th person.

However the eighteen family cabins (Cat FO or Cat 3) at the stern located on the Vista and Panorama Decks are furnished to sleep 5. I had my family of 4 booked in one on the Century for our very first cruise with Celebrity. Worked great and was very comfortable. The outside window is very wide and it is deeply bayed and is large enough to accommodate kids! the cabin itself is 20% bigger than a standard cabin so the extra space comes in handy when you are housing 4 people.

We're in a category 7 room (4009) on the Century next week, and will be sleeping two adults, 1 teen and 1 pre-teen. I am worried that we will not have enough room.

Can anyone give me feedback on this?

Thanks!

So far I have put my entire family of 4 in one cabin for all of our Celebrity cruises so far. We have been fortunate in that we have yet to book a standard sized cabin--although we booked a standard outside cabin for a Zenith cruise that we ended up cancelling in favor of a different cruise.

Having said that, certainly putting 4 in a standard size cabin is do-able as a lot of people have done it. More space is always welcome and I would consider getting one of the 18 aft family cabins if it was available because the cost difference usually is not that steep. For example the Century Jul 3 sailing cost difference is only $120 more in total for a family of 4 to move up from a Cat 7 quad to one of the larger Cat 3 cabins at the stern.....

Archived