Taxi from Sydney airport to hotel

2goldens

Easy, Toll charges are only one way - Airport to City. Taxi can recover toll charges.

If taxi can recover toll charges, I still don´t understand the pricing...perhaps I´m just dim!

Sandy in Spain

If taxi can recover toll charges, I still don´t understand the pricing...perhaps I´m just dim!

Sandy in Spain

It is not a road toll. It is a fee levied by the owners/operators of the Sydney Airport and is payable on fares FROM the airport taxi ranks. Currently the difference on the calculator is showing as $3.00 - watch for it to change to $3.50 on the web in time and definitely on the fare you will be charged. Could be worse - Usually they get you coming and going!

http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-news/sydney-airport-taxi-levy-to-become-highest-in-nation-20110606-1fped.html

Cheers Colleen

• 2 weeks later...

It's a shared shuttle service.

I used a shared shuttle from Sydney airport to town once. And once only.

After I'd toured a selection of Sydney hotels for an hour, I just got off at a random dropping off point and did the rest of the trip in a cab. I should just have got a cab to start off with.

Another option... which I am personally using in a couple of weeks... is to pre book a car/limo. I am using a company called Towncars. A uniformed driver will be awaiting you, and he will drive you to you destination in a whole lot more style than having to wait in the cab queue. You can also have a conversation with him in english:D

Surprisingly the cost compares well with a cab. $55 v $50.

cheers

Another option... which I am personally using in a couple of weeks... is to pre book a car/limo. I am using a company called Towncars. A uniformed driver will be awaiting you, and he will drive you to you destination in a whole lot more style than having to wait in the cab queue. You can also have a conversation with him in english:D

Surprisingly the cost compares well with a cab. $55 v $50.

cheers

Thanks. I just requested a quote for transfer from hotel to airport.

It's a shared shuttle service.

I used a shared shuttle from Sydney airport to town once. And once only.After I'd toured a selection of Sydney hotels for an hour, I just got off at a random dropping off point and did the rest of the trip in a cab. I should just have got a cab to start off with.

Depends how you look at it I suppose.

If you are new to Sydney its a great familiarisation tour.

.....besides that our plane always gets in early ,

so its a great way to kill time before boarding:D

any comments as to why you wont use them again? we are looking at different options and want to know whether consider this company or not.

thanks

They arrived over an hour late, could not be contacted by phone from the airport, the driver was rude, surly and didn´t help with the luggage. Not a good impression for our first trip down under.

I can´t get the Town Cars quote to work either!

Sandy in Spain

edit: check out:

http://www.taxifare.com.au/

You can enter in From and destination and date and time and it will provide a pretty good estimation of expected fare.

any comments as to why you wont use them again? we are looking at different options and want to know whether consider this company or not.

thanks

We booked a private shuttle with KST. The cost was only a few dollars more then doing the shared shuttle.

Hi,

I sent the Towncars company an email (I could not get the request a quote thing to work), and they quoted me $69.00 from the city of Sydney to the airport.

They quoted me $49 from four seasons to airport!

Archived