Ice Bar

Michie78

We were on the June 9th sailing and we paid $20 a person for the ice bar plus the 15% gratuity. It included 2 drinks and about an hour in the ice bar, but we only lasted about 30ish minutes!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on the June 9th sailing and we paid $20 a person for the ice bar plus the 15% gratuity. It included 2 drinks and about an hour in the ice bar, but we only lasted about 30ish minutes!

Did you think it was worth it? Did you feel claustrophobic in there at all? I'm thinking it's a waste for the ones in our group that buy the UBP. Thoughts on that? :rolleyes:

Did you think it was worth it? Did you feel claustrophobic in there at all? I'm thinking it's a waste for the ones in our group that buy the UBP. Thoughts on that? :rolleyes:

Hi! Are you all set and ready to be a mother in law?

I really don't like being cold at all and the Ice Bar reviews have said it's like being/looks like a meat freezer so I am going to skip it. I'm not paying to be cold and wear a hat that others have worn (YUCK) or need a coat. I'm already stressing how cold it may be inside the ship LOL

I know my dd wants to try it but she is 19 LOL

It was fun but definitely a gimmick. You walked into a walk in freezer that had ice sculptures of different New York icons and you stood in there drinking your drinks and talking to the other people and taking pictures. It was very cold In there, but they gave you gloves and a parka with a hood to wear while inside. My husband and I enjoyed it, but I probably would not pay to do it again!

Hi! Are you all set and ready to be a mother in law?

I really don't like being cold at all and the Ice Bar reviews have said it's like being/looks like a meat freezer so I am going to skip it. I'm not paying to be cold and wear a hat that others have worn (YUCK) or need a coat. I'm already stressing how cold it may be inside the ship LOL

I know my dd wants to try it but she is 19 LOL

YES I'm ready to be a MIL!!! Can't wait for the wedding :D Can't decide which dress I'm wearing though. Thought I had it all figured out and then went and bought another one lol

I also hate being cold and totally agree that I don't want to wear a hat that someone else just took off :eek: I was thinking the "kids" would want to try it, but some of them will have the UBP and I think it's a waste of money for them to go there :rolleyes:

I'm always cold on the ship. I am forever carrying around some kind of sweater or hoodie just in case. The rest of the family thinks I'm nuts...;)

It was fun but definitely a gimmick. You walked into a walk in freezer that had ice sculptures of different New York icons and you stood in there drinking your drinks and talking to the other people and taking pictures. It was very cold In there, but they gave you gloves and a parka with a hood to wear while inside. My husband and I enjoyed it, but I probably would not pay to do it again!

Thanks for the info. I think I'll discourage them from spending even MORE of MY money lol :eek:

Tried the Ice Bar with my 21 y/o daughter on our 5/26 sailing of the Breakaway.

Although they give you gloves and a hooded parka to wear, it was so cold that we could barely stand it. Plus, the atmosphere is not that nice. I agree with someone who said it was like a meat locker!

I couldn't swallow my two drinks fast enough! We saw some people take their drinks outside the Ice Bar.

After doing the IceBar last week I don't think we'll be doing it again since it was a glorified walk-in freezer....basically we stood there and drank our two drinks and left...we might have been in there 15-20 minutes at the most as there was really nothing to do in there after looking at the 2 ice sculptures and sitting in the ice chair to take a picture

Having done the ice bar in Sweden, I will be skipping the one on Breakaway...I enjoyed the novelty of it, but once was enough...not because of the cold (personally prefer to be cold than hot), but because I do not care for alcohol...

Archived