Dress on Seabourne

threeforthree

Hi! The other two types of dressing on Seabourn, other than "Black Tie Optional" are "elegant casual" and "casual". I have noticed people wearing clothes they might wear for a business meeting (both men and women) on the elegant casual nights. When I began sailing on Seabourn, I was a little surprised at elegant casual, it was almost "semi formal", so I started bringing my favorite dresses to wear. Casual is just that. I've never seen anyone in the dining room looking like they just came back from the day's excursion. People usually dress pretty nicely at dinner, no matter how casual it is. I always wear dresses, but lots of women don't.

Whatever the named dress code, one of the things I like about Seabourn is how well turned out people usually are.

Jane

That exactly what I do! I take a blue blazer, tan and gray slacks. I also take a dark brown sport coat with appropiate slacks--also tux. I wear the blue jacket with a sport shirt to travel--get it cleaned and pressed (over night) when I arrive on the ship. It works out well. Don

...now feels like an idiot since she was answering based on "girl clothes".

Jane:rolleyes:

My bad, Jane. I could have made my sex clearer. If you know what I mean. Anyway, the 2 are not totally independent, and I am married, so your answer was helpful too.

Archived