Sunshine cruise cancelled

Bridgeview

Received a call last night from Carnival to tell me that my booking on the 7th June cruise has been cancelled due to contactors coming on board. I was in an aft wrap so they really look after the workers!! :(:(

Received a call last night from Carnival to tell me that my booking on the 7th June cruise has been cancelled due to contactors coming on board. I was in an aft wrap so they really look after the workers!! :(:(

Maybe they need to figure out the list problem, or finish tucking the wires up into the ceiling, or take the bio hazard bags off the urinals, or replace the plywood with real decking material at the tops of some of the stairways.

Hope they compensated you appropriately, including airfare.

Maybe they need to figure out the list problem, or finish tucking the wires up into the ceiling, or take the bio hazard bags off the urinals, or replace the plywood with real decking material at the tops of some of the stairways.

Hope they compensated you appropriately, including airfare.

They will refund cruise, airfare & pre/post cruise hotels plus a free future cruise.

Just to confirm... are they just cancelling certain cabins or the entire sailing?

So sorry to hear that, knowing how much we all look forward to our cruises. Is the whole cruise cancelled or just a selection of rooms?

Im surprised they are cancelling expensive Aft balconies instead of the guarenteed inside rooms that were booked for like ~$500 during the Friends and Family sale.

That's what I thought, they sure look after their contractors :confused:

They will refund cruise, airfare & pre/post cruise hotels plus a free future cruise.

Wow, that is a pretty good deal. But I understand the disappointment of the cancelled cruise. Hopefully you get on another cruise soon.

Im surprised they are cancelling expensive Aft balconies instead of the guarenteed inside rooms that were booked for like ~$500 during the Friends and Family sale.

That's what I thought, they sure look after their contractors :confused:

Yeah....no kidding! :eek: I'm very surprised....

I'd almost take the cancelled cruise with that kind of deal. I mean it's terrible because you're looking forward to it, but can you book another cruise that week somewhere else?

Yea thats true.. I thought they got a cruise credit

Sounds like they got that too for a future cruise (w/CCL) and then "cash in hand" refund for the cancelled cruise.

Glad they were at least able to find something else!

Luckily got on the Norwegian Jade out of Venice on the 8th:):)

I think that's awesome and you have another CCL credit to use. Maybe you can use that credit to get back on the Sunshine. Have a great time on your cruise and I'd love to read a review if you do one. I'm looking forward to sailing both NCL and RCI soon.

Archived