Sushi fans from a SB newbie

JunPOA

Hi All,

DH could eat sushi at every meal if if he could !

Question is, on Seabourn - will he have access to good fresh quality sushi on a fairly regular basis, or is it an appetizer on ocassional evenings?

Thank you for sharing your SB sushi experiences.

Leah, RN

Odyssey 26 Sept. 2009

Hi All,

DH could eat sushi at every meal if if he could !

Question is, on Seabourn - will he have access to good fresh quality sushi on a fairly regular basis, or is it an appetizer on ocassional evenings?

Thank you for sharing your SB sushi experiences.

Leah, RN

Odyssey 26 Sept. 2009

I have custom ordered sushi and sashimi several times on Seabourn. A few summers ago, I had a different array everyday for lunch, for 3 WEEKS! This was in the Med. Unreal! I was in HEAVEN!

Host Dan

I have custom ordered sushi and sashimi several times on Seabourn. A few summers ago, I had a different array everyday for lunch, for 3 WEEKS! This was in the Med. Unreal! I was in HEAVEN!

Host Dan

Good to know Dan! I'm sure DH will savor every sushi/sashimi moment - you guys are welcome to my share - I'll stick with a nice tender prime rib thank you very much!

PS I'm sure he won't refuse the cavier either !:D

Best to pre-order it. I don't really remember it offered on the menu. Usually it's a tuna carpaccio and the like. Caviar can be ordered anytime. Don't forget that these extra nibbles can be delivered to the Sky Bar as well as any other item from the room service menu, if you are peckish off meal times.

How do you pre-order?

Simply let the maitre 'd know at least 24 hours before you'd like the special order. "No" is not in Seabourn's vocabulary!

Host Dan

JaneBP

presumably there is an extra charge for hosting cocktail party and/or luncheon/dinner would it depend on the menu requested?

There is absolutely no charge to host a cocktail party. If desired, SB will print and deliver invitations as well. We have been to in-suite parties with open bar and service staff, and we have hosted private parties in Midnight Sun Lounge.

Host Dan

PS Sorry jane for jumping in!

No problem, Dan I was busy on another site. <g>

I will add, however, that I always tip the waitstaff who are assigned to my parties because it's usually on their time off.

Because I rarely entertain at home, I like shopping for invitations and cocktail napkins and sometimes a small door decoration. Sometimes I bring a special dip or spread. But that's just me.

Seabourn will do it all.

There is absolutely no charge to host a cocktail party. If desired, SB will print and deliver invitations as well. We have been to in-suite parties with open bar and service staff, and we have hosted private parties in Midnight Sun Lounge.

Host Dan

PS Sorry jane for jumping in!

All I can say is ... WOW!!

Archived