I'm Limited to Holiday-Inn...

bdub

Does anyone have info on any of the hotels below? I am needing to stay at a Priority Club hotel the weekend of Feb 4/5 and all of the ones downtown are full to priority club users (which some in our group just HAVE to use).

My choices are as follows:

Holiday Inn - Coral Gables Business District

Holiday Inn - Miami International Airport

Holiday Inn - Coral Gables - University of Miami

Holiday Inn Express - Airport Central Miami Springs

I cannot offer a comparison among those (I assume that all are the same Priority Club points), however I have stayed at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport. When I was there, the hotel was in decent, though not spectacular condition. The pool was nice, and the free airport shuttles and the port shuttle were added for the value. There are a few restaurants nearby (Burger King, Pollo Tropical, and Bennigan's), as well as a restaurant in the hotel itself. I liked it enough that I am going back (but, to be fair, I am only paying $38 a night). It is not in a tourist section of town, and there is not much to do near the hotel. But, it's ok if you just need a place to sleep.

Check out www.tripadvisor.com as well for more info on those hotels...they should have reviews for all of them.

oh, but they are a stubborn bunch and i'm outnumbered 4-1 by women... i will see what i can do to persuade them otherwise but, if not, i'll have to take my chances with one of the 4 hotels listed... and judging by that response I'm not looking forward to any of them...

LOL, oh I feel sorry for you ;)

Well Coral Gables - Downtown isn't a bad location, but it's a tired old 1960's hotel.

The MIA Airport location is another tired old 1960's hotel in a nasty neighborhood.

Coral Gables - University of Miami is right across the street from UM. It's another 1960's vintage motel, but seems to have been redone recently.

HIX Miami Springs is the newest of the bunch. It's not in the best area either, but is better than the other airport location.

Unless I was coming in very late at night I would want to have a car if I stayed at any of them.

Archived