Star Flyer Tahiti Excursions

Let's Get Away

Welcome to the board!...unfortunately, there hasn't been a lot of info coming in yet from the FP cruises. Like you, we plan on diving as much as possible, so all other activities will depend on the timing on the dives. The only excursion listed that we might do with the ship would be the kayak trip on Raiatea. The beach bar-b-ques look interesting, but I've heard the ship has a free one on one of the islands. Last trip on the Tahitian Princess, we picked up a 4x4 excursion in Moorea at the dock and it was much better than the one arranged thru the ship in Raiatea, and cheaper. This trip, I think we will just wing it ourselves....rent a car or something and explore. One thing we did last trip was to rent a small motorboat on Huahine & just cruised inside the lagoon finding spots to snorkle & had our own picnic on a secluded beach.

One other excursion that is a possibility is the trip with Dr. Poole on Moorea. since we are staying over a couple of days on Tahiti, we are tryingg to arrange a similar excursion with Top Dive. We are going on the Aug 3rd trip, so the whales should be in the channel between Tahiti & Moorea. When is your trip schduled?

Also, I have talked with the dive crew aboard the SF and have gotten some info if you have any questions.

Mike

http://gallery.mac.com/csealove

Thanks for your input. We are on the June 29th cruise and can't wait. We wish we would have planned to be there during Whale sighting season. Maybe next time. So, it sounds like you can arrange for some activities outside of what the ship arranges. We thought about at least one island tour, maybe by ATV. Kayaking sounds very attractive.

My ideal dive trip would be to see a shark...heard anything about that?

Oh....you WILL see a shark or two....or 30:D The video for French Polynesia in our gallery will give you an indication. We saw them on Raiatea, Bora & Moorea on each dive except for one shallow lagoon dive in Bora, Mostly Blacktips, but also Grays & Lemons. Currently the ship is providing diving on Raiatea, Bora, Moorea & the Tuomotus. Nothing in Huahine yet, but they are working on that.Mid June is the very beginning of the time period that the whales reach the area, so you still might get to encounter some.

have a great trip!

Mike

http://gallery.mac.com/csealove

Absolutely the Dolphin watch with Dr. Michael Poole. We also found the helmet dive on Bora Bora to be wonderful - by far the most vairieties we've ever seen snorkeling - just beautiful!!

Hi,

just came back from the Star Flyer in Tahiti.

I recommend the ATV quad adventure on Moorea. Book it with Star Flyer. They have the best tour operator on the island.

You can also do the excursion to go swimming with the stingrays and the sharks, that was an exciting trip feeding them on Bora Bora.

I missed the first day because I was tired to go on the Eco-Cultural walk-about...in Huahine.It is suppose to be the best.

The BBQ is given bt Star Clipper on the island of Tahaa. Fantastic show of Tahitian performers.

the best performance is on Saturday night in Papeete. They come on the ship and are incredible.

Enjoy the sailing...I have sailed 16 times with them....it is addiction.

Sophie

Archived