First Cruise...confused about dining options

Coolsox

Hi all!

On May 27th my partner and I are going on our very first cruise (Costa Favolosa). Two of our friends are also joining us, but due to complications when booking had to book there trip independently.

Assuming I have understood all that I have read, dining times and tables are allocated once you embark? Will we have the option to request a table with our friends or will we be separate?

Also, regarding suitable attire. I tend to be a smart jeans and shirt type of person. Will this be acceptable in the dining areas?

Many thanks in advance from one rather confused cruise virgin!

In your cabin, upon arrival, there will be a small card with the dinner sitting time (early or late sitting) and the table number. Try to see the Maitre'D asap (together with your friends or atleat their table information) to see if you can be seated together.

With regards to dress code, in the daily program that will be delivered to your cabin the day before (it's called TODAY), in it will be stated what type of dinner / dress code for the next day, i.e Casual, Gala or Formal. During Gala dinners you will see everything from dinner jackets to jeans.

Have a great cruise.

Ron

did you use a travel agent? if you have a decent one, they should be able to 'link' your two separate bookings so you will be assured of being at the same table.

like ron says, though, if all else fails check with the maitre 'd when you board. costa has always been very accomodating whenever i have made a request for a change.

Thanks for the replies. We booked directly with Costa so I guess I'll have to see what I can arrange when on board.

Still a bit worried about what I'm going to wear on the formal nights though, I don't really have enough room in my suitcase to lug my suit along as well.

Thanks for the replies. We booked directly with Costa so I guess I'll have to see what I can arrange when on board.

Still a bit worried about what I'm going to wear on the formal nights though, I don't really have enough room in my suitcase to lug my suit along as well.

since you both booked with costa, the process should be easier. you can call them directly and have your bookings linked. of course, the one that does the calling will have to have both booking numbers.

don't fret about formal nights. costa doesn't even call them that anymore. they call them 'gala festive'. the dress code is not enforced - company policy now. i've witnessed shorts and t-shirts in the dining room, but that is not the norm. anything you would wear to a nicer casual place at home will be more than acceptable.

since you both booked with costa, the process should be easier. you can call them directly and have your bookings linked. of course, the one that does the calling will have to have both booking numbers.

don't fret about formal nights. costa doesn't even call them that anymore. they call them 'gala festive'. the dress code is not enforced - company policy now. i've witnessed shorts and t-shirts in the dining room, but that is not the norm. anything you would wear to a nicer casual place at home will be more than acceptable.

Thank you so much, you've put my mind at ease! I will be smart just not 'suit smart'.

Archived