What happens if a child has an accident in the kids club?

katyf

just curious. DS is 3 and will have been potty trained for a few months by the time we cruise. So I don't "expect" he'll have an accident....but I know from my other children, it happens at times w/ 3 year olds. Especially when they are out of their home enviornment.

Anyway....just wondering if anybody had has this happen, and how it was handled.

We'll be on Disney if it matters.....

We just got off NCL Gem (so obviously a different line), and our 3yo dd did have one accident. It was at the end of the day when we left her while we went ashore in port, and I just think the staff didn't take the kids to the bathroom. DD has been trained for about 8 months but still needs some prompting to go, especially when she's excited or engrossed in an activity. Since we weren't on board they just had her take her wet shorts off and gave her a (huge) pair of NCL shorts which they secured to her with a rubber band to make them fit. No big deal, they didn't say anything about "2 more chances" or anything, and I think they realized it was a fluke. She'd been there since 8am, and it had just happened about 20 minutes before pick up around 3:45.

Actually, in order for the children to stay in kids club while their parents are in port, they do have to be potty trained. We were asked a few times if our daughter was 100% trained (as in, could use the toilet entirely by herself). She is, but as I said before, they didn't have set bathroom times or encourage her to go, which is why I think being distracted and excited she had an accident. Kids can be in diapers in the club, but the counselors will not change them for you, parents must be aboard ship and available to do so.

My 3 year old went on 2 cruises last year and she was potty trained. However, she did have 1 accident while in the kids club toward the end of the cruise. They announced our names and we came to get her and change her. Then I noticed the following night, they gave me a beeper to carry around. I didn't exactly understand why, but figured that was the reason behind it. :confused: She never had another accident.

Archived