If you are visiting Belfast 25th July-10th August...

It will be busier than normal in the city due to the World Police & Fire Games 2013 taking place in Belfast and across Northern Ireland.

http://www.2013wpfg.com/

If you wanted to see sights independently from the ships tours then please pre book the places you want to visit so you are not disappointed, and any tours you might like, black taxi tours etc. HOHO Bus tours should be ok. Better being safe than sorry ;)

We are expecting around 10,000 competitors, 15,000 friends & family and I am part of the 3600 volunteers for the games! I am super excited to be involved :D

Any questions, ask away :)

Wow, that is one big event! Thank you for the warning, as we'll be there during that time. We have already lined up a 6 person tour to the Giant's Causeway. Do you think there will be any horrendous traffic problems in getting up north around noon or one, and then back down and into the city around 5 or 6? We would be leaving from the port, which I think is central, to the east, I think?

Wow, that is one big event! Thank you for the warning, as we'll be there during that time. We have already lined up a 6 person tour to the Giant's Causeway. Do you think there will be any horrendous traffic problems in getting up north around noon or one, and then back down and into the city around 5 or 6? We would be leaving from the port, which I think is central, to the east, I think?

http://www.2013wpfg.com/media/200482/venue-map-and-sports-schedule-250613.pdf

Here is the venue map and schedule. Check what day you have the tour booked for and see if there are any events at Portrush. If you are just taking in the Giant's Causeway and nothing else on the North Coast then you will be grand as the bus should go off towards the Causeway long before the road into Portrush.

When you come out of Belfast port you will be going straight onto the M2 motorway heading north so you should not have any problems there with the games.

Looking at the schedule there you shouldn't have any problems, if I hear anything different at any of my training sessions I will post up here though. Enjoy Belfast and the Giant's Causeway :)

Hhmm...we're there Tuesday Aug. 6 and I see there's something at Larne and Portrush too. Of course, we won't be leaving the port until at least noon that day, so I suppose the events might be winding down a bit by the time we get there, maybe?? Hopefully?

I think the plan is to head out of Belfast, go to Larne and then up the coast, stopping at Carrick a Rede and Giant's Causeway, and the Wee Cottage, although I forget where that is. I'm hoping to at least stop for a few minutes at Dunluce Castle ruins, which seems to be close to Portrush, but we'll see. On the way back we'll head down the interior route.

Hi

You will be grand! The events in Portrush are on the East Strand beach which you access from near the centre of the town.

Give your guide a shout and let them know your concerns but I can't see it being a problem for what you have listed.

Archived