Glacier Bay boat tour from Juneau or Skagway?

aprilsp88

Budgetqueen,

No, I'm not staying overnight. But the cruise ship will be in Juneau from 8AM to 10PM. Is that enough?

Mountainhouse,

Thanks for the link. I searched through the companies but can't find any day tour.

Thanks,

April

We had hoped to do this too, but you have to leave to get the boat very early in the am and no ship docks that early. We were "bummed" about it, but try to concentrate on what you will get to set otherwise, rather than what you will not be able to see. That's what we did. We could've taken a plane from Skagway to fly over Glacier bay, and actually had it booked, but decided it was just too expensive $$$.

Absolutely right, Disney. A lot of posts here, because folks are enthusiastic, imply, 'if you don't see this all is lost.' Though that's not really the case. The "worst" itinerary to Alaska, is still 7 days in a magnificent place. And the difference between it and the "best" itinerary may not be a large as is sometimes implied.

Absolutely right, Disney. A lot of posts here, because folks are enthusiastic, imply, 'if you don't see this all is lost.' Though that's not really the case. The "worst" itinerary to Alaska, is still 7 days in a magnificent place. And the difference between it and the "best" itinerary may not be a large as is sometimes implied.

Overall, definately the right perspective. I find too many people looking for the "perfect" trip. They aren't going to find it. :) It also takes MANY MANY return trips to get the range of experiences some are trying to find in a single trip. I always advocate enjoying what you get and lower the expectations. Live for today and enjoy every minute. :)

Budget Queen, you are right about the perfect trip. I'm still disappointed that I only got to eat at Tracy's Crab Shack once! Truthfully, the first week of June we had perfect weather and awesome excursions. I wouldn't change a thing...except for Tracy's

Archived