Help!!! Wedding in 13 days :(

I feel like I'm having a bridezilla moment. Wedding is in 13 days and I leave in 9 to head to New Orleans to meet family. Meaning I won't be home to get any mail. I ordered my wedding flowers from a shop on etsy in march. She had nothing but great reviews. I haven't heard from her in over 25 days. Will not reply to any emails or messages. She now has a neg review from another bride complaining of her order not being sent on time, a month late and with items missing. I paid in full and I know I will eventually get my money back because I paid with PayPal. But who on earth will I find this close to the wedding to get them done? I wanted the real touch so I could keep my bouquet. If you know of anyone who does good work please let me know!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. Definitely check out afloral.com and speak with a representative to see if they can still get what you need to you in time! In a pinch, I've heard other brides just went to Hobby Lobby or Michaels and created bouquets from their silk flowers/pre-made arrangements. Perhaps you can plan on this when you get to New Orleans so you don't have to worry about traveling with it?

Also, double check with your ship. A bridal bouquet should be included with your package anyway. I don't know about your particular ship/wedding port, but the bouquets that are offered for weddings while docked at Grand Turk are BEAUTIFUL - much better than the other "sample" photos I have seen, and Sasha, my Carnival Wedding Coordinator was the one who pointed this out. So that might still be a valid option for you too. :)

Just take a deep breath and remember that having *some* flowers will probably be better than no flowers at all, if you couldn't have your originally chosen ones. In the end, what matters the most is that you and your future hubby are both there. :) *wooosahhhh* Good luck, and enjoy the moments that matter!

Thank you for the idea! I am just so disappointed because I loved the flowers I ordered and ordered them 4 months in advance. :(

Hi I was hoping to book with this same vendor in another month or so. I was really shocked when I saw this thread. If I may ask was a reason given for this behaviour? It really seems strange I myself was in contact with this vendor and she was really helpful so far. I did send a message late June and have not heard anything. I can only imagine how you feel, I myself am a bit disappointed as I was really looking forward to booking with this vendor.

I feel like I'm having a bridezilla moment. Wedding is in 13 days and I leave in 9 to head to New Orleans to meet family. Meaning I won't be home to get any mail. I ordered my wedding flowers from a shop on etsy in march. She had nothing but great reviews. I haven't heard from her in over 25 days. Will not reply to any emails or messages. She now has a neg review from another bride complaining of her order not being sent on time, a month late and with items missing. I paid in full and I know I will eventually get my money back because I paid with PayPal. But who on earth will I find this close to the wedding to get them done? I wanted the real touch so I could keep my bouquet. If you know of anyone who does good work please let me know!

I am not sure if you live in a big city, but I made my own using similar flowers to real touch that I got at Hobby Lobby. You can order them from their website too. Believe me I am not crafty at all but I put them together and they look great!! I did two bouquets for under $100 for all supplies. Good luck!

Congpert2, you hit the nail on the head with the way I feel. Msargeant, I'm not sure what happened. I researched sellers like crazy for days. I found her because of the reviews on here. I fell in love with a bouquet on her site and she maintained constant communication until I made the purchase. She even offered a military discount when she saw my email which was reallt kind of her. I even paid in full. Over 100 reviews with 100% positive, I thought it was a safe purchase. My expected ship date was 26 April. By may 25th I hadn't received a single proof or anything in the mail. When I contacted her, she stayed she would send me proofs. On 13 June I received my proof of just my bouquet. I loved it, emailed her back and have yet to hear anything. I even begged her to please let me know if something happened and she cannot send them. Nothing. :( thank you ladies so much for the ideas. I have been on hobby lobby looking on their website for flowers and my mom is researching flowers on afloral. PayPal and my credit card company have launched a dispute against her and I made a complaint with etsy. Just really disappointing but I'm thankful this is the only issue I have this close so far.

Oh that's horrible!

As the others have mentioned - I've heard great things about afloral, they might be worth a shot. I bought mine from Michaels & had it put together within a couple of hours. You may have to adjust what flowers you want based on availability... I believe they also have floral designers on site that will work with you. Good luck & keep us posted!

Except they only do fresh and that is a cruise wedding no-no.

Learn something new every day! Makes sense but didn't think about it as they have fresh flowers onboard. Guess those come through special suppliers who have been vetted.

Learn something new every day! Makes sense but didn't think about it as they have fresh flowers onboard. Guess those come through special suppliers who have been vetted.

I'm thinking it's more of a money-maker kind of thing. On Carnival, if you're a non-wedding passenger you can bring flowers on the ship (you still can not bring them off because of USDA, though). If you're a wedding, all of your containers go through security on your way onto the ship and security will confiscate your flowers if they are fresh. An upgraded fresh bouquet that isn't their standard one costs a lot more money then it would on land.

Archived