Explorer 6/20 Just Back!!

Just wanted to say thanks and it was good to meet everyone I had the chance to meet on the ship. Sorry we didn't hook up more often, you were a great group! We had a blast. If anyone is ever in Phoenix, give us a call.

Janet

We were in awe of this ship. It was our first cruise ever, so maybe that influenced our opinion. We split our dinners between the formal dining room and the Windjammer cafe (which is open for all meals and is a buffet.) We loved the Cafe promenade every evening for snacks and the ice cream machine is right in front of it(all included in the price of the trip). We took the "Compass" every evening and decided what we wanted to do the next day. We tried a little bit of everything on the ship, rock climbing, ice skating (you must wear long pants), in-line skating, miniature golf and many of the ships organized activities. The pools were the weakest attribute of the ship. They were small and crowded. Our voyage was the Western Caribbean. Where are you sailing to?

Hi Kyaker 64,

We will be on the Explorer in Nov. I'm interested in what you did in Belize and Costa Maya? It sounds like you had a great time. I look forward to any info that you can pass along. By the way, what was your cabin location ?

Thanks! Hi-C:o

In Belize, we did a private excurstion through X Stream Tubing. You can visit: http://www.belizecruiseexcursions.com for info on them. It was a slow trip on innver tubes, down a river that runs through some incredible caves. We loved it. One thing we didn't count on was the tendering to get to shore. We almost missed the departure of our excursion because the process was slow and frustrating to get off of the ship.

In Costa Maya, we did the four hour Mayan ruins tour through Royal Caribbean. It was nice, informative and a different thing to do, but not the hi-light of our trip. The ruins have not been excavated yet, so there is a lot they don't know about the site yet.

One thing I'm sorry we didn't do on our trip was spend more time at beaches. It seemed like I had all these excursions planned and not any time to play in the water (which we love to do).

We had a great time, I'm sure you will too.

If you need any other info, I'd be happy to reply.

Janet

Archived