Silken Diagonal experience?

bobcholmes

We stayed in this hotel in fall 2008 pre-cruise and had a lovely experience. It is a little way out from the main tourist area, but if you don't mind a little hike to the subway or taking a taxi, it is well worth the trouble. First, you are in fact, out of the way and amongst the locals! Lovely parks, local places to eat, and the room was really one of the best we have stayed in, especially for the price. Not luxury, but modern, lots of character (can send you pictures) and great service. We recommend with no hesitation!

Nancy

Hi Bob

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days on a citytrip.

It is great! It is a design hotel with a small swimming pool on top of the roof. The rooms are wonderful and the beds some of the best I ever slept in (and I was pregnant at the time and a difficult sleeperr)

Breakfast they do very well, not overly exaggerated but fine and enough.

The subway it: go outside and turn left, walk 2 bloks and under the nridge is the subway, it is really only 100-200 meters I think.

Across the road from the hotel, there is a small shopping mall. Nothing overly special, but they do have a open space inside where you can sit and eat and drink (food court medit. style idea) enjoy the weather and watch people go by: wonderful and well priced.

Have fun and enjoy. The best way imo to see a lot of Barcelona in 1 or 2 days, are the Bus Turistic (hoho) but tickets beforehand iof you can to avoid at least an hour wait.

• 1 month later...

Stayed here in the summer of 2007 and was pleased with the hotel during our 4 night stay. We walk a lot and it was nice to be able to point out where we are as the hotel is next to the Torre Agbar building and easy to spot. We spent a few afternoons on the roof deck. The pool is tiny but the deck is spacious.

There was a large Carrefours supermarket in the shopping center which we used frequently to stock up on snacks and drinks.

Archived